opinions needed

protege02

:
2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V
ok, i have a list of parts 2 buy for my car. the question is which one would u rather go with because one fits perfect and the other doesn't

1st set up(fits perfect and probably nets more whp)

megan racing dual tip axelback, dp, and mp total is at most 570 shipped
here is a link of what it looks like
(http://www.b15sentra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=134368&highlight=Megan+Racing)

obx header 150 shipped or xs racing header 150 shipped

2nd set up(has some fitment issues)

xs racing header and power exhaust for around 450 shipped
also, there are currently no pics of the header and exhaust together
here is a link to the exhaust only
(http://forums.thevboard.com/viewtopic.php?t=89504).

it has 2 problems, and that is it sticks out from the car(maybe an inch or so) and the pipes touches' underneath the car(look at pics), but the exhaust note sounds good. also, megan racing and obx are 2 known products, and xs racing/ss autochrome is kinda like an ebay product, but it's a good one according to all sentra forums. also, motor mounts and hids are already ordered and on their way, so im just debating which one 2 go with. thanks for all the info and reading

Go with the OBX header, piping from VRS www.vrsexhaust.com, and a Magnaflow muffler.

I do not trust anything manufactured by Megan Racing.

OBX and SS Autochrome are essentially the same product, just differnet badging. This has been discussed ad nauseum on www.sr20forum.com.

BigB said:
Go with the OBX header, piping from VRS www.vrsexhaust.com, and a Magnaflow muffler.

I do not trust anything manufactured by Megan Racing.

OBX and SS Autochrome are essentially the same product, just differnet badging. This has been discussed ad nauseum on www.sr20forum.com.

so ur saying buy vrs downpipes(250), magnaflow muffler(80), and i think a tip for the muffler(30), and go with obx(150) right($510 total without shippin)?

If you look on VRS they actually have cat-back kits for the Spec5...

But their piping kits are also considered to be the best mandrel bent SS stuff out there.

You don't necessarily need a tip with a magnaflow muffler.

BigB said:
If you look on VRS they actually have cat-back kits for the Spec5...

But their piping kits are also considered to be the best mandrel bent SS stuff out there.

You don't necessarily need a tip with a magnaflow muffler.

i thought so, but i think im going to go ahead and get a dual tip because that's what im looking, and it's kinda the reason why i wanted the megan racing axelback. thanks for all the info. i sent vrs and email 2 make sure i have everything right. i saw the cat back on there, and it's $420, so i might look into that too.

good luck Mike, let us know when you have it all, I 'd like to help with the install if possible.

protege02 said:
i thought so, but i think im going to go ahead and get a dual tip because that's what im looking, and it's kinda the reason why i wanted the megan racing axelback. thanks for all the info. i sent vrs and email 2 make sure i have everything right. i saw the cat back on there, and it's $420, so i might look into that too.

Magnaflow makes a dual tip. It's on the VRS website.

Velocifero said:
good luck Mike, let us know when you have it all, I 'd like to help with the install if possible.

i'll send u a pm when everything is in, but so far i have hids and motor mounts on the way. then im going to order the whole exhaust

BigB said:
Magnaflow makes a dual tip. It's on the VRS website.

yeah i saw that, but the one i like is 9 inches long, and i sent them an email asking them about that, or seeing if they can weld it onto their catback, but there cat back doesn't look bad, so i might go with that.

alright, i got it all figured out. im going to get vrs catback(454 shipped), ssa/xs racing header(155 shipped), the hids(195 shipped) are suppose to be shipped out friday, the motor mounts(43 shipped) thrusday, n i think i'll call it quits until the summer. so for 847, i think im doing good.

alright so far, i have essential speed motor mounts in, the hids are suppose to be in february 5th according to fedex, the xs racing header w/bung should be here next thrusday, and i think i'll start with those 3. then i'll get the vrs catback. after that it's kinda in the air. im looking for some good shocks/struts, and im thinking about getting some more wheels, but i dont know yet cause 3 of my wheels are curbed and 2 were curbed when i got the car, so i now have 2 debate whether i'll get new wheels(thinking about some rays g game wolf wheels in 17x7) or just send my wheels out to get redone at 125 per wheel. here are the wheels.

Attachments

• passengerfront.jpg
    passengerfront.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 85
  • reardriversize.jpg
    reardriversize.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 77
  • dci5.jpg
    dci5.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 81
mod list plan(with $3000 cap)

purchased
xs racing header(155)
techone 6000k hids(197)
essential speed motor mounts(43)
brembo/akebono(313)

need 2 purchase
vrs catback(465)
shocks(500ish)
optima redtop(dont know)
rockford fosgate punch stage 1 8" sub(43)
profile ha700 amp(99.99)
4 redone wheels or 17x7 rays g games wolf 1(500-1100)

anyone have good experience with painting brake calibers? i know scott has done it, but im looking to put a nissan logo on my brake caliber, and im thinking 2 paint the calibers red, and buy the nissan logo silver, black, or white, but im not sure what color. here are some on ebay, but im not sure how long they will last https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

Scott has high temp vinyl on his front calipers that say MAZDA. See where he got his.

Where are you getting your rims repaired? I have some that need to be fixed, too.

Rogue said:
Scott has high temp vinyl on his front calipers that say MAZDA. See where he got his.

Where are you getting your rims repaired? I have some that need to be fixed, too.

the guy i take my car in 2 get my tires balanced and rotated sends them out to some company downtown that basically take the curbs out, heats the whole wheel up, and line it up properly just as if it was a new wheel. they charge $125 per wheel and there is no way for me 2 get a discount off that. the only reason im thinking of doing it is because im not spending $598 per wheel for a new one, and the wheels that most people sell are hardly ever in good condition, and if they are in good condition they are for about 550 to 600, and the wheel is also known 2 crack if the car is driven hard. im just thinking of going with rays g games wheels which will cost me between 980-1200 for a set of 4 in 17x7.

Back