Official P5 wheel thread.

Is it really that big of deal to run a 205 tire compared to a 215?

Ive been reading forum after forum for about the past three days and I cant come up with a good answer

Depends. For just driving around? You won't notice a lick of difference

Ya, Im only going for looks. No super high perform stuff.

So just to ease my mind, if I go with a 205/40/17 with a 40mm offset I should be fine without rolling fenders?

I am dead set on these wheels and Im buying tomorrow but only if I get a solid answer. I really appreciate your input man, this has been driving me crazy!!!

Should be. All 205s are not equal, so I have no way of knowing for sure.

im running 17x7.5 offest of 40 with 215/45/17 and i dont scrape unless i turn at a fast speed or hit a big bump. you will be fine, but i ave my car some camber to shove the tires into the fenders

I know there are already a lot of threads with "post your wheels etc." I think we need a thread with only Protege 5 aftermarket wheel pics, so our members can have an idea of what would look good on their P5. So post you pics, include info like offset, tire size, suspension and wheels size. :D

this?

It's called wheel fitment because you buy the wheels and make them fit your car. Just roll your fenders and you will be fine

I have 205/50/16 on my p5 and I just dropped mine on BC coilovers on Tuesday and I'm not rubbing. I'm flush in the rear and I have 8mm spacers coming to flush up the front.

11.jpg

DSC07160.jpg

DSC06789.jpg

011.jpg

DSC06205.jpg

DSC06152.jpg

019.jpg

msprotege2.jpg

516.jpg

Last edited:
dang RX8 wheels...
ic 18x8 +50 doesn't really clear the fenders... looks sick though...

your fenders are rolled right?

and to keep on subject... stock mazda3 wheels with 25mm spacer
dsc-0027_large.jpg

Oh yea, and that pic is before I put the 245's on the back as well, then I bent the rims, so that sucked...rears there are 205/35/18's...

DG??? Deals Gap???
Yes, Deals Gap. I'm from North Carolina :D Haven't been up there since...2006. Use to love going there, but then it got waaayyyyy too crowded with too many idiots and too many cops. Cherohala Skyway is much nicer IMO. A lot of roads to head to when it gets to thick at the Dragon. :D

Back