Official NEPOC Spring Cleaning Thread

i have a black car...sadly so i dont think ill be able to make this guys. I really wanted to but with the end of the semester approaching I will detail the car from my house on sat and then do some much needed work. anyways let me know if anything comes up or any suggestions!

Kansei said:
I actually saw that Collinite 845 stuff at.. advance auto parts. In a ~12oz bottle though, I'm sure you ordered a tank of it haha.
nah, i just got 16oz or whatever bottle it is. you can actually buy it in some marine stores.

Hey, might be in for this one. From what I have read it looks like a pretty big turnout. Might be in for an engine bay clean as I will have the 5 hour trek home....but will def. be in for the install of new pads and rotors.

Mark, if I can make it.....8 or 8:30ish too early?

nice, someone else making a trek :) I'll be leaving to go right back to Rochester after the meet just like last time, so yeah maybe I'll just do an engine bay cleaning or something :p

tonight I'll be working on..
- pads (brembo blank)
- rotors
- goodridge brake lines
- goodridge clutch line
- stripping all the layers of paint off my calipers
- filling up with ATE super blue fluid using a Power Bleeder (screws onto the fluid reservoir and pressurizes the system and such, ensures no air bubbles in the system)

so yeah I'll be getting all my work out of the way so that I can help out at the meet :)

RedHotP5 said:
Hey, might be in for this one. From what I have read it looks like a pretty big turnout. Might be in for an engine bay clean as I will have the 5 hour trek home....but will def. be in for the install of new pads and rotors.

Mark, if I can make it.....8 or 8:30ish too early?

nah, thats fine...i'm up a the crack of dawn anyway...look forward to seeing you again!

wow, let's hope nothing shifts one way or another!

<TABLE><TBODY><TR><TH>Tonight</TH><TH>Tomorrow</TH><TH>Fri</TH><TH>Sat</TH><TH>Sun</TH><TH class=nobg>6-10 Day</TH><TR class=icons><TD>
</TD><TD>
</TD><TD>
</TD><TD>
</TD><TD>
</TD><TD class=extended rowSpan=3>Extended Forecast<SCRIPT language=javascript>if(window.yzq_d==null)window.yzq_d=new Object();window.yzq_d['b2gEDELEYrk-']='&U=1396vjl62%2fN%3db2gEDELEYrk-%2fC%3d385205.7596990.8482020.1666089%2fD%3dWTHE%2fB%3d3802593';</SCRIPT> <NOSCRIPT>
b
</NOSCRIPT></TD></TR><TR class=titles><TD>Cloudy</TD><TD>Rain/ Snow/ Wind</TD><TD>Showers</TD><TD>Mostly Cloudy</TD><TD>Rain</TD></TR><TR class=temps><TD>High: 49Low: 34</TD><TD>High: 41Low: 35</TD><TD>High: 50Low: 35</TD><TD>High: 50Low: 35</TD><TD>High: 42Low: 35</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

a223818 said:
You still interested in the rims? If so I will bring them.

Ah, I don't have the money to buy them. I just wanted to check one out and see how light they were and what not. It's up to you either way. I don't mind! :D

I'll be bringing two buffers I have if anyone wants to buy them. Also, should I give the Pretzelwagon a once-over with some dishsoap before I come over?

Edit: also bringing a stainless clutch line, and if anyone wants my rims I'll be selling those soon.

No more swirl marks. Can't wait.

I just put my MS3 rims on ebay...if anybody here wants 'em let me know so I can remove the listing in time! :)

Pretzellogic said:
Also, should I give the Pretzelwagon a once-over with some dishsoap before I come over?
I wouldn't bother, I will have Prime Strong, which will properly cleanse the paint after wash/clay.

Also, I doubt we'll be able to deswirl the whole car, the Mazda paint is hard and it will be a lengthy process with the Porter Cable. We'll try our best, of course, but I am just setting your expectations lower.

Last edited:
whitemp5seattle said:
haha ok...just wondering because seems like prepared for anything!
haha, i just have a plan and i'm just excited to help people detail the cars.

anyone bringing wheel cleaner? i just ran out of my mother's fx wheel cleaner (I barely use it)

Pretzellogic said:
I'll be bringing two buffers I have if anyone wants to buy them. Also, should I give the Pretzelwagon a once-over with some dishsoap before I come over?

Edit: also bringing a stainless clutch line, and if anyone wants my rims I'll be selling those soon.

No more swirl marks. Can't wait.

I need to see what your wheels look like on my car. I've wanted those wheels for a while now, and I love bronze wheels.. but I have this feeling that bronze wheels will look horrid on a silver Protege5 and I've never bothered photoshopping it :p

Astral said:
haha, i just have a plan and i'm just excited to help people detail the cars.

Exactly. I have some Poor Boys left over as well, so I'll bring that and my PC.

RedHotP5 said:

CrazeeD can help you with the pads....he's a master now.

Back