OEM MS3 springs on MZ5

dima_rus

Does anybody here tried mazdaspeed 3 OEM springs on a 5??

if so can you post a picture.

Thanks in advance
Dima

I could swear someone has done this dima. And I too am really curious about this set-up. Seems really logical.

not really. MS3 vs MZ3 height difference is 0.5', considering that MZ5 is a bit heavier, I'd say the biggest drop I'm looking at is 1', which would be perfect for me

I recently got a hold of a MS3 suspension, springs and struts, gonna try it out. I'll post pics of it if I have time....

I'm getting my springs at the end of March. Once it is on the car I will post some pics.
haha. Just went for it hey? This isn't the first time I've seen you start a thread about something and then solve your own problem. I love that because they become good references for later. And your mods are always tasteful...the ones that I want to do to my own 5. If I get it back.
I recently got a hold of a MS3 suspension, springs and struts, gonna try it out. I'll post pics of it if I have time....
Nice. So we'll have two applications, and two opinions expressed on the result.

How much did you guys pay for these?

I should have my springs on March 21, will probably install them right away, so the pics should be up by the end of March

I will install it myself. Just springs with OEM struts and shocks. Should be just fine.

I can not wait for this post. What I'm most interested in is the change in handling dynamics. I'd be very interested in a comprehensive handling review too!

POST please! (with picts)
(cool)

And rough $$ spent on parts? I will probably install the setup myself.
michael.

Not sure how much they spent, but I have a set FS for $300 shipped...

From what I have seen, they usually go for minimum of that price for the strut/spring combo...

haha. Just went for it hey? This isn't the first time I've seen you start a thread about something and then solve your own problem. I love that because they become good references for later. And your mods are always tasteful...the ones that I want to do to my own 5. If I get it back.
Nice. So we'll have two applications, and two opinions expressed on the result.

How much did you guys pay for these?

I got mine from someone on this forum, I previously bought mazdaspeed3 rims from him, and he said he had the suspension still, he's always been honest, so I got them off him. I think I paid $150 for them. Probably gonna do the install myself, but gonna also install a ($165)SPC camber kit, sway bars and get an alignment too, not sure how much it's gonna cost, one of my good friends owns a shop, so he should give me a break( Cross my fingers)

ooooo, for shocks and struts? I have to find me a ms3 person to get their suspension off!

ooooo, for shocks and struts? I have to find me a ms3 person to get their suspension off!

Not if I can beat you to it!(glare)

I'd love to throw a 1" drop on our Mazda5. Struts would be nice too, but not necessary.

michael.

im also interested to find out. i have a set of ms3 springs. but i wanna find out if a ms3 colover kit will fit a m5.

will the speed 3 shocks last longer than the stock 5 shocks? im after blowing 5 in 40k kms...

Back