Odd electrical issues, need help

Bueller,..Bueller?

I told you to get a new F'in' battery and your problems are fixed! You could get it load tested for free at a local Autozone or Advance Auto if you want to, but if you insist on ignoring the obvious, then quit asking for help...

Well I did get battery tested, it is fine....And I just don't understand how it can be the alternator if I have same problems when the vehicle is off? Thats what im not understanding that no one answered.

Thanks for the help.

Well I did get battery tested, it is fine....And I just don't understand how it can be the alternator if I have same problems when the vehicle is off? Thats what im not understanding that no one answered.

Thanks for the help.

Did you/they also check the alternator output while the tester was connected? Also did you/they clean the battery terminals to make sure there is a good connection. If the battery itself is truely good, then you do have a significant current draw on the battery that would also show up on the previous battery test. Also bear in mind that if you drive short distances without allowing enough time for the alternator charging to recover the battery to a decent charge the battery will appear failed,yet only needs a full charge. Try charging the battery fully. You can throw parts at it, or diagnose it properly.

I would certainly be looking for a ground wire gone bad , this type of stuff sounds like back feeding power. Crazy s*** happens with bad grounds , and this is what it sounds like. that would be one of the first things id check.! good luck!

I hate electrical issues... it could be as stupid as a loose ground wire.

I replaced all my cables to be safe and they are cheap and if you have any corrosion on yours then you might as well do that. I didnt notice what year it is but that could be your problem....

Back