(OBE)-Out of Body Experience / Sleep Paralysis

tritonheat1

Banned
:
06 MS6, 98 A4 1.8T Rebuilt
I've been told by certain people that this is good 2 hav and a few other people say it's not!! It's where ur falling asleep and then u know ur awake but ur body tends 2 tighten up, but u can't move and u feel like u want 2 yell but u can't. I don't really know if this is good or not!! i have a friend who said she had a friend who had that alot and he died from (OBE). I guess his soul was experiencing something it liked and never came back. Anyone familiar with this????(huh)

Um, the closest i've had is when I get soo mad and go off on somebody (very rare) and it's like i step out of myself and just watch...not a good feeling.

It's called many things: out of body experience (OBE), alien abduction, but those are two things it's not.

It's actually sleep paralysis, and it occurs when for some reason you are awoken from one of the deepest stages of the sleep cycle. There is a specific chemical that is secreted during those sleep stages throughout your nervous system and it inhibits muscle movement. Hallucinations frequently accomany it. Your soul isn't leaving your body and no one has ever died from sleep paralysis-- it's not harmful, just very frightening.

For more info, see this thread:

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123646333&highlight=sleep+paralysis

gone_fishin said:
It's called many things: out of body experience (OBE), alien abduction, but those are two things it's not.

It's actually sleep paralysis, and it occurs when for some reason you are awoken from one of the deepest stages of the sleep cycle. There is a specific chemical that is secreted during those sleep stages throughout your nervous system and it inhibits muscle movement. Hallucinations frequently accomany it. Your soul isn't leaving your body and no one has ever died from sleep paralysis-- it's not harmful, just very frightening.

For more info, see this thread:

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123646333&highlight=sleep+paralysis

Thanx for the Info. I have simular dreams as Jersey Emt but mines with someone being there not letting me see who it is. I mean i can hear sh*t!! Mine happens as im falling asleep and as i start 2 feel goosebumps i open my eyes and try 2 move but i can't. I mean i'm fully awake my eyes are open but can't move for crap!! Then when i do get all my strengh back, i woke up and almost snapped my neck because i was trying 2 turn my head while i was havin a OBE.

It has happened to me all my life, but not frequently. You get used to it. It is still a little strange though and certainly the timing can make matters worse. Nothing like watching "The Exorcist" and then having it right before you go to bed...not cool.

No drugs here... my hypnapompic / hypnagogic paralysis is all natural. (I don't get I do get the associated hallucinations sometimes though.... check it out.

camrycev6 said:
It has happened to me all my life, but not frequently. You get used to it. It is still a little strange though and certainly the timing can make matters worse. Nothing like watching "The Exorcist" and then having it right before you go to bed...not cool.

Yeah that's not cool!! But i only have it only when not expected, couple people say do i eat alot before i go 2 bed or eat pork. I'm like i eat sometimes before i go 2 bed, but it doesn't occur the same night when i eat though!! Don't know if you've heard that yet????

tritonheat1 said:
Thanx for the Info. I have simular dreams as Jersey Emt but mines with someone being there not letting me see who it is. I mean i can hear sh*t!! Mine happens as im falling asleep and as i start 2 feel goosebumps i open my eyes and try 2 move but i can't. I mean i'm fully awake my eyes are open but can't move for crap!! Then when i do get all my strengh back, i woke up and almost snapped my neck because i was trying 2 turn my head while i was havin a OBE.

Yup you're experiencing sleep paralysis.

jersey_emt said:
Yup you're experiencing sleep paralysis.

See i've been hearing different things like OBE is where ur asleep but trying 2 wake up but u can't because ur soul left ur body and it's floating around IDRK?? But that's what i heard

One of my friends said there's a book about (OBE). He said you can learn 2 control it, but i don't understand how??(dunno)

tritonheat1 said:
One of my friends said there's a book about (OBE). He said you can learn 2 control it, but i don't understand how??(dunno)

I think you are confusing two different phenomena. What you are experiencing sounds like sleep paralysis. Out of body experiences are something different. They do share some common ground though.

I think I've experienced this once, recently too. I woke up in the middle of the night. My eyes were wide open but I couldn't move a single muscle. I thought I was still dreaming. I kept fighting it and fighting it until I broke loose. It felt like I was strapped down from head to toe. I just wrote it off as a wierd dream.

One thing I have been seeming to have more and more often is a loss of breath while sleeping. This has been freaking me out and has happened about 6 times since the beginning of this year. While in deep sleep, always near the 1st or 2nd stage, my breathing just suddenly stops. I sense my heart stopping while I'm dreaming and I try to catch myself, always waking up with a very hard gasp of breath. I get a little worried that one day I won't catch myself while dreaming. It hasn't happened in a while and I'm praying and believing that it never happens again.

Back