OBDLink MX+: what PIDs do you monitor?

I just got my MX+ installed, and am reviewing my first data log. I have some questions for you guys/gals logging data...
I'm starting out with a sample time of 500ms. Can I overwhelm the CAN bus if I sample too much? On the same vein, what Dwell Time have you set, if any? 0ms is default, and I couldn't find any reference on the web.
My last question is: which PID do you use to determine how much lockup the rear diff has? It looks like it might be Coupling Solenoid Duty Cycle (%).
Here's what I'm sampling for now:
Speed
Instant MPG
Total fuel econ
Calculated load value
Eng coolant temp
Engine RPM
Ign timing advance cyl 1
Absolute throttle pos % ~~~ NEVER HIT 100%
Cat temp bank 1
Relative throttle pos % ~~~ NEVER HIT 100%
Engine coolant temp
Input volt read by scan tool
Accel ft/s2
Engine power (hp)
Engine torque (lb*ft)
Coupling Solenoid duty cycle %
Rear diff oil temp
Total wheel torque
Trans gear engaged
Battery positive voltage
Batt temp ~~~ WHERE IS THE SENSOR FOR THIS?
Engine load %
Knocking retard
Spark advance
Engine coolant temp
Lockup solenoid ~~~ I ASSUME THIS IS THE TRANS CLUTCH, NOT REAR DIFF?
Thanks for your input!

There's a battery temp indicator? I'll ask the same question that you did, where's the sensor? I don't believe that there is one.

To answer some of your questions, Coupling Solenoid Duty Cycle (%) is the rear diff, Lockup Solenoid is TCC, your throttle will never hit 100%(this is an industry thing not a Mazda thing). Batt Temp is an actual value for the vehicles that have the load/battery temp sensor on the positive cable, some vehicles without that sensor will calculate a value. The sensor will resemble this if you have one.

Attachments

• s-l1600.png
    s-l1600.png
    67.1 KB · Views: 21
Back