Obd 95 Lx

Shaftmaster

:
95 Mazda Protege LX
Yah, I took my 95 protege up to Shucks to see if they could read the codes for my check engine light, but the guy said that thier obd 2 tester wouldnt work. So he said to put a paperclip in a specified test port of the car and the check engine light will flash a certain number of times and go on Google and look for a web page that tells you what is wrong according to the number of flashes....... still havent found a page that says anything!

Thanks for your time,
Robert

a Haynes Manual for that year/make/model from your local auto parts store will tell you

where?

Captain KRM P5 said:
a Haynes Manual for that year/make/model from your local auto parts store will tell you

I have the chilton manual I have looked in the Engine electrical and emission controls. Is it only in the Haynes manual?

DTC Circuit
02 Distributor Ne-Signal
03 Distributor G-signal
08 Airflow sensor
09 coolant temp. sensor
10 intake air temp. sensor
12 Throttle position sensor
14 barometric pressure sensor
15 HO2S
17 Ho2S has detected lean or rich condition

25 fuek pressure regulator solenoid valve

26 purge control solenoid valve

34 IAC valve

41 solenoid valve (VICS) (DOHC only)

solid_snake said:
DTC Circuit
02 Distributor Ne-Signal
03 Distributor G-signal
08 Airflow sensor
09 coolant temp. sensor
10 intake air temp. sensor
12 Throttle position sensor
14 barometric pressure sensor
15 HO2S
17 Ho2S has detected lean or rich condition

25 fuek pressure regulator solenoid valve

26 purge control solenoid valve

34 IAC valve

41 solenoid valve (VICS) (DOHC only)

Do you know what ports i connect ?

Shaftmaster said:
Do you know what ports i connect ?
the TEN and GRD terminal at the diagnostics port by the wiper motor

here is a pic of the book, since i don't currently own a protege

hope this helps

Attachments

• PICT0022jpeg.JPG
    PICT0022jpeg.JPG
    353.5 KB · Views: 770
Last edited:
if you still need help, by the brake resevoir there is a black box labeled diagnostic. it is your diagnostic port. in that box, flip the lid and find the portals labeled 10 and gnd. jump those, and turn the key to the on position. your check engine light will flash. count the long and short flashes, and compare to the chart

I tryed

silver03p5 said:
if you still need help, by the brake resevoir there is a black box labeled diagnostic. it is your diagnostic port. in that box, flip the lid and find the portals labeled 10 and gnd. jump those, and turn the key to the on position. your check engine light will flash. count the long and short flashes, and compare to the chart

Well, i jumped the ports and turned the key but the light didn't flash at all.
is the 95 protege an OBD 1 for sure?

Shaftmaster said:
Well, i jumped the ports and turned the key but the light didn't flash at all.
is the 95 protege an OBD 1 for sure?
no 95+ Proteges are OBD II (that's what the manual says):(

Shaftmaster said:
Yah, I took my 95 protege up to Shucks to see if they could read the codes for my check engine light, but the guy said that thier obd 2 tester wouldnt work. So he said to put a paperclip in a specified test port of the car and the check engine light will flash a certain number of times and go on Google and look for a web page that tells you what is wrong according to the number of flashes....... still havent found a page that says anything!

Thanks for your time,
Robert

You may want to specifically check the catylitic converter and the crank shaft sensors, i've heard those are common problems with the 95-98, and i had the same problems with my 98 LX.

Latest posts

Back