Not so bad after-all...

It is. Unobtanium's assertion that the kick down switch "activates Sport Mode" on his older CX-5 doesn't make sense in the context of what Sport mode does. It affects part-throttle shift points and throttle mapping. Flooring the gas with/without Sport mode wouldn't make a lick of difference.

I find Sport Mode handy in mountain driving where it maintains more aggressive engine braking going down long grades. Easier to flick a switch than thump the gear lever to M and select a lower gear each time.

My non sport mode maintains rpms and engine braking in the mountains, as well.

On the previous models (<2015) sport mode is automatically activated when you floor it. Added steps to produce rapid results = the big stupid

It's not the same thing. That's called KICKDOWN and all it does is force a downshift. Most common on 4 cylinder engines so I will forgive you not knowing. :p

Pretty accurate. The new ones are very "meh", the Gen 1's are still doing pretty well. None of them hold value for s***. Makes me frustrated, that last.

I think everyone knows this is your opinion. Why do you state it so frequently?

It's not the same thing. That's called KICKDOWN and all it does is force a downshift. Most common on 4 cylinder engines so I will forgive you not knowing. :p

My dad's 64 Impala 283 with POWERGLIDE had a frickin kickdown. A 2 speed on a V-8.
Do ANY automatics not have it?

So the 18 CRV redesign is better than the 19 RAV4 redesign and the Honda has all sorts of engine issues.

I'd still take the far prettier, non-CVT, reliable CX5.

I merged that Honda vs toyota thread so that it has some context. Also unbrain has been banned as a troll account.

Wait.. you make a post (new thread) about a honda vs Toyota that's has nothing about a CX-5 in it in title or content...yet call out another member who at least drew comparisons to his own CX-5? (huh)

(popcorn)

Edit: Huh, thought there was a popcorn emoticon.

Wait.. you make a post (new thread) about a honda vs Toyota that's has nothing about a CX-5 in it in title or content...yet call out another member who at least drew comparisons to his own CX-5? (huh)

I thought it would be of interest to others. They are cross-shopped with the CX-5.

Unob is the one who has been making lots of noise [trolling? see your own definition] about the RAV4, and this article addresses some of the points he has been floating about the RAV4.

And unlike you, I thought "Unbranium" was a new pseudonym for Unobtanium, that he was the author, being amusing and creative. Dunno.

I thought it would be of interest to others. They are cross-shopped with the CX-5.

Unob is the one who has been making lots of noise [trolling? see your own definition] about the RAV4, and this article addresses some of the points he has been floating about the RAV4.

And unlike you, I thought "Unbranium" was a new pseudonym for Unobtanium, that he was the author, being amusing and creative. Dunno.

I doubt it is his account, I've seen that type of thing happen with other members. Honestly it looked like a stab since the post itself had no content about the CX-5, but mentioned a member. I moved it here because it looked like it was a response to this topic (which is drawing comparisons to his own CX-5).
d
If I've misinterpreted your intent, my apologies, you can recreate the thread and I'll leave it open for member discussion

Last edited:
I doubt it is his account, I've seen that type of thing happen with other members. Honestly it looked like a stab since the post itself had no content about the CX-5, but mentioned a member. I moved it here because it looked like it was a response to this topic (which is drawing comparisons to his own CX-5).
d
If I've misinterpreted your intent, my apologies, you can recreate the thread and I'll leave it open for member discussion

It's fine here, I just wanted to get the reference out for people to be aware of it. I started a new thread because it was about the article, not unob's comments. [Anyway, unob's been ranting about the RAV4 in so many threads, no way to choose!] I mentioned unob because the article seems to contradict a lot of what he's been saying, insistently but with no evidence. The article is relevant info. We're good.

4 minute response time- a pretty good one too.. just sayin(uhm)

Had just come back home and was about to take a good look for redundant threads on the subforum (especially 2019 stuff) and I noticed it quickly. The same thing happened to GJ molestar and that extra account got booted too, even though GJ ended up getting himself banned lol. Often times I just come in and quickly look and comment on stuff.

I*m sure whoever runs this site can look at IPs and figure it out.

Antoine can and has.

Had just come back home and was about to take a good look for redundant threads on the subforum (especially 2019 stuff) and I noticed it quickly. The same thing happened to GJ molestar and that extra account got booted too, even though GJ ended up getting himself banned lol. Often times I just come in and quickly look and comment on stuff.

I have a screenshot from that fake GJ account post. I thought it was funny... but understood why it broke the rules.

Back