New Wheels! Advan RZ

P2K

:
DBA-BK3P
I got a knock on the door today around noon but I wasn't expecting company. It was the UPS guy and he said he had wheels for me. I was like WTF?! I was confused and turned to my wife and she screams "Merry Christmas!!!" Then I was like oooooook (boom07) , I thought to myself they're probably some bs wheels that I probably won't like but I was going act like I liked them regardless because they were a gift.

I walk out to the truck with the UPS guy and I see Advan RZ on the side of the boxes. NO ******* WAY!!! She got me the right fitment and everything. I soon realized the reason why she was asking me wheel questions for about 2 months straight about 6 months back. She knew the wheel, fitment, and color I wanted, 18x8.5 +45 GTR face. Everything is perfect!

They'll be installed as soon as I get myself some tires, 235/40/18. I've read all kinds of reviews on tires and it's a toss up between these in this particular order: Dunlop Star Specs, Falken Azenis RT615, and Nitto NT05. I'm actually short on cash, so I might just get some cheap bs tires to hold me off for the time being. Then get the tires I want once the bs tires wear out. She said she didn't know what tires to get me so she left those up to me. I'm fine with that, that's nothing. Just getting me the wheels was good enough. BEST WIFE EVER!!!

IMAG0050.jpg

IMAG0049.jpg

IMAG0051.jpg

IMAG0048.jpg

IMAG0037.jpg

IMAG0044.jpg

IMAG0039.jpg

IMAG0043.jpg

IMAG0042.jpg

Last edited:
Sweet wife and wheels! The color looks great. It should look nice with the Silver Ms3.

As for tires, the Hankook Ventus V12s are really popular on here, too. There's a recent thread in this forum. Post pics when you get them on :)

Dude, those rims are BALLIN!! You have a great wife there. Mine does similar things as well, just not Advan wheels. I won't ask what they cost.

lol, sorry no sisters.

Yes, these wheels are sweet as hell. I think I've thanked her about a dozen times already since posting. I didn't even know about the Hankooks. I'll definitely give them a look. Thanks everyone, I am truly one lucky SOB.

Yes, these wheels are sweet as hell. I think I've thanked her about a dozen times already since posting. I didn't even know about the Hankooks. I'll definitely give them a look. Thanks everyone, I am truly one lucky SOB.

Then love her and treat her like the queen that she is. I'm glad to see that you realize that you have something special there. Often in a marriage, our focus tends to turn to jobs, bills, or children. You're very lucky in that your wife chooses to keep her focus on you.

lol, sorry no sisters.

a divorced mom, perhaps? SOMEBODY buy me some Advans for Christmas!! (gah)

WTF i hate you! i want these wheels so bad, there close to 3 grand!
I knew somewhat the approximate amount but I wanted to know the exact amount. So when I asked, she told me $2450 shipped from Upgrade Motoring.

Then love her and treat her like the queen that she is. I'm glad to see that you realize that you have something special there. Often in a marriage, our focus tends to turn to jobs, bills, or children. You're very lucky in that your wife chooses to keep her focus on you.
I've loved her everyday for 11 years of happy marriage. More so now, for obvious reasons.

Last edited:
Nice! Welcome to the club! Yeah, it's going to look real good with that color combo and that offset! Are you lowered? Here's mine but only 18x8 +45:

advan.JPG

I posted a thread with that ^^ picture, asking whos car that was, it was my wallpaper for the longest time... beautiful man. As soon as i saw that picture I tried to place on order, but about s*** myself when i saw the price tag.

I posted a thread with that ^^ picture, asking whos car that was, it was my wallpaper for the longest time... beautiful man. As soon as i saw that picture I tried to place on order, but about s*** myself when i saw the price tag.

LOL! Yeah, the exchange rate has really hiked prices up....

18x8.5 GTR Face is going to look real good.......

Nice! Welcome to the club! Yeah, it's going to look real good with that color combo and that offset! Are you lowered? Here's mine but only 18x8 +45:
I've seen your car before and I must say I got the wheel idea from you. I was gonna get them for myself, but she beat me to it. I'm maxed on BCs and I know I'll have to do some serious fender rolling because I want leave it at it's current height. Maybe even take out the rear ring.

I know the front has an additional ring too. Has anyone attempted to removed it? The reason I ask is I like riding slammed, but I know the BCs don't go as low as H&Rs. I really want to tuck these wheels and I don't think I will at max. It's just an aesthetic preference for me, that's all. I'm not tracking my car so I'm going for form over function.

Last edited:
I've seen your car before and I must say I got the wheel idea from you. I was gonna get them for myself, but she beat me to it. I'm maxed on BCs and I know I'll have to do some serious fender rolling because I want leave it at it's current height. Maybe even take out the rear ring.

I know the front has an additional ring too. Has anyone attempted to removed it? The reason I ask is I like riding slammed, but I know the BCs don't go as low as H&Rs. I really want to tuck these wheels and I don't think I will at max. It's just a aesthetic preference for me, that's all. I'm not tracking my car so I'm going for form over function.

Can't wait to see the Pics!

those are gonna look badass man. for tires I run the dunlop stars and those tires stick and grip on launches. After I broke them in the car handled like a slot car on turns. I havent pushed them too hard because my fenders arent rolled and my left rear rubs sometimes. I just dont think they will make it to 15k miles with the soft rubber. If I had to do tires over again I would of saved myself a little bit of money and gone with the hankook v12's...they will last longer.

Back