New to Mazda!

Duffy

:
1996 Mazda Miata R
Hello, my name is Chris. I just purchased a white 96 Miata R Edition w. 117,000m from a dealership in CT. The dealer had it listed as a base but after I bought it I looked into it and turns out she's a R Edition. I bought this car as a DD gas saver and save I will! the insurance on it is actually 6 times less than my WRX Project car. As far as plans go, Im really looking to go minimal with a "thrifty" settup, looking the drop a clutch, 16x8 +0 XXR 002's, cheap all season 205/40/16's, and Raceland coilovers for under $1500 for a nice aggresive settup that will ride like s**t. :) I also have a Stanced 2002 WRX with 70,000m and a fortune in parts. Looking to become a active member on here and hopefully learn a little more about this little whip!

Thanks,
Chris

Welcome aboard Duffy! That is the name of a great electric launch built out here in Newport Beach, CA. Most of the rich folks out here with water front docks keep their Duffy launch at the ready to cruise the harbor or hop over to one of the many restaurants along the waters edge. As for your new ride, I got my 97 on Ebay about four years ago. She had 155K on the clock and she has been a joy to drive and putter on. Lots of projects on the list but few tokens to do them anything but every once in awhile. You will find a vast amount of knowledge and experience on this site so take a trip around its' pages and enjoy the sights and sounds of other Miatafiles!

Welcome. You will be better off getting a set of 15" wheels, the ride will be better and you will love life more. The good part of these cars is that if you buy something you end up not liking, you can resell it without much loss.

Back