New system for my MSP

It sounds like your Xtant is a 5 channel...

Amp front 6.5" in fully deadened doors, and run sub. That's all you need. I know no rear fill might sound a little odd, and it does at first. My first week without rear fill seemed odd, but since then i have grown to love it. The key is to get the comps to play low enough and the sub to play high enough (read : trial and error with xover settings) so the sub "blends" with the front stage. Blending makes it seem like the mids are playing the sub-bass frequencies, and once you have achieved it, it is bliss.

Scott D. said:
It sounds like your Xtant is a 5 channel...

Amp front 6.5" in fully deadened doors, and run sub. That's all you need. I know no rear fill might sound a little odd, and it does at first. My first week without rear fill seemed odd, but since then i have grown to love it. The key is to get the comps to play low enough and the sub to play high enough (read : trial and error with xover settings) so the sub "blends" with the front stage. Blending makes it seem like the mids are playing the sub-bass frequencies, and once you have achieved it, it is bliss.

It is technically a 5 channel I guess... but Xtant calls it a 3 channel (front, rear, mono). Even the model # (3300c) identifies it as a 3 channel, 300 watt amp (2 x 60 + 1 x 180).

I am definitely going to give you guys the benefit of the doubt and try the 6.5's + sub only. If I don't like it then I can always add the other speakers in later.:)

I'm kind of confused, Pretty sure it IS a true 3channel.
If it IS a 5channel, you cna bridge and get allthat power upfront though as well.

Andyes, give it a shot, and give it some time. the idea is really that a true ideal stereo setup is 2 speakers infront of you, etcetc. might be strange without the assorted "fill" sound allover the place, but with good clean power and a nice set of components you should be good.

If you need help mounting the 6's upfront, check here. (but paint your wood, or use plastic) http://www.msprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73605

Last edited:
Back