New Member (2023 CX-5 Preferred)

Hello all! This is my second post, though my first thread.

As of two weeks ago, I am now part of the Mazda family! Purchased a new '23 Preferred in Soul Red. It replaced a '14 Escape that served us well.

20230805_104557.jpg

So far, I've only done tints and installed the a few accessories from the catalog.

My favorite is the blue mirrors that help combat some cars' ridiculously bright headlights.

20230817_215442.jpg

Next up is a dashcam using the adapter from MX5things.

Though the end goal is the inner tail light assemblies from the Premium. I couldn't justify the added expense just for the taillights. But the rear end looks incomplete without them.

I've done something similar with the Escape, swapping the USDM tails for EDM Kuga tail lights.

20210924_222720.jpg

This only involved tapping the hatch lights to the license plate lights. As for the CX-5, they're pre-wired (yay), but they require a bit of bodywork to swap (boo). But that's for the future.

how do you change the taillight. I need help accessing the panel from inside the car.
Here's a video of an aftermarket install that shows the removal process. Though it's in Japanese.

I wish to install the factory hatch lights on my CX-5, though the removal process is a pain compared to my old Escape.

Back