Trying to repair taillight (2023 CX-5)

I have been trying to repair my rear left tail light. I have already undone the screws that detach the tail light cover. There is an orange-covered wire that was connected to a black circular piece. I loosened it but I can't find out where to access the other end. I know that I have to access it from my trunk/car but I don't know where the piece is. I tried looking on YouTube but I could not find any videos of a 2023 Mazda cx-5. If anyone has a Mazda cx-5 2023 model and repaired there taillight, please let me know. The first 3 images are the cord that connects to a white piece that is down from the hole. The last picture is a compartment that I took off on the left side of the car. It has wires in the compartment but the wire I need to remove is not imaged because I can't see it. I need some way to remove a certain piece inside the trunk cabin that allows me to unplug the orange taped cord and install the new light.

Attachments

• tempImageHalX7J.png
    tempImageHalX7J.png
    371.1 KB · Views: 46
  • tempImageqIqsrO.png
    tempImageqIqsrO.png
    368.6 KB · Views: 40
  • tempImageBWWSnw.png
    tempImageBWWSnw.png
    287.2 KB · Views: 39
  • tempImagebaVYPq.png
    tempImagebaVYPq.png
    379.7 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
There should be some 10mm bolts on the inside of the cargo area, and you can use a trim removal tool or flat screwdriver to pop out the clips, which are along the seam where the cover meets the side of the car.

Upvote 0
What are you doing performing DIY repairs on a one year old car that's under warranty? Take it to the dealer!

Upvote 0
Back