New Mazda6 / Atenza Newspaper Ad with Specs

The Mazda 6 is at least a couple hundred lb less than its non-luxury competitors and several hundred lb less than the TSX and Regal, so the 0-60 times should be comparable in the end.

For the first time in who knows how long, you can get a midsize sedan that starts at less than 3,000 lb. That's huge.

Besides, many of these new 4 bangers are making my MPV's V6 look really, really pitiful.

I'm really excited about the diesel. 47MPG, decent HP and awesome torque, though a 6-speed box with a good chassis and a great looking body and interior? If I've got a decent job by the time the car's out I'm all over one as a DD.

I'm really excited about the diesel. 47MPG, decent HP and awesome torque, though a 6-speed box with a good chassis and a great looking body and interior? If I've got a decent job by the time the car's out I'm all over one as a DD.

I think 47mpg is not likely a reality. If it were even as high as 45, I would be shocked. The Japan test cycle does not convert to the EPA cycle very well.

I didn't think Hyundai's turbo engines needed premium gas.

The engines on the Gen coupes need premium to get the 274hp/275 lb-ft torque on the turbo 4 and 348 on the v6. on regulat they go down by 14hp/15tq for the turbo 4 and 4hp/3tq for the V6 respectively. The turbo 4 on the Sonata does take advantage of the premium gas and gets 5% more hp but same torque. Someone from hyundai-forums got an answer from hyundai.

Back on topic
I would really like this car to kill the passat tdi, lol

I think 47mpg is not likely a reality. If it were even as high as 45, I would be shocked. The Japan test cycle does not convert to the EPA cycle very well.

Yeah, that's true. I think it'll still blow anything comparable away, though, and should be much more worth driving than any other midsize diesel sedan. (Unless BMW brings the 320d over, but it's not going to be in my price range anyway.)

I'm really liking the Mazda 6, I think the 6 speed manual diesel will be my next car! the Jetta TDI goes for about 24k, what do you think the price will be for the Mazda 6 diesel?

Conversion

Just a straight conversion biased off of today's exchange rate this is what I came up with. I also assumed Antoine listed these in the order of the add.

My guess on price would be starting in the upper $20,000 range and maybe making all the way up to the upper $40,000 range.

XD: 2.2L Diesel Turbo i-stop 2WD (6-Speed Auto): 2,900,000 Japanese Yen = $35,219.92

XD: 2.2L Diesel Turbo i-stop 2WD (6-Speed Manual): 3,026,000 Japanese Yen = $36,732.31

XD L Package (fully loaded): 2.2L Diesel Turbo i-stop 2WD (6-Speed Auto): 3,400,000 Japanese Yen = $41,292.32

diesels cost more than gas engines.

the diesel fanboys forget this.

Id expect it to be less than the straight yen to usd conversion (which is typical)
but not that much less. ~$35k for a fully loaded diesel is very likely

Priced out a Passat TDI and comes in only at 26,575$ for trendline with standard transmission. I would of thought that Mazda would have to undercut VW to really get a good lead and an extra reason for people to buy a Japanese diesel. Unfortunately, I don't think Mazda will be able to beat that price.

I do expect it to be competitive to the Passat's price. Maybe 28k for base with standard.

Back