New brake pads + rotors

Zoom2UCI

I'm thinking about getting new brake pads and rotors and was looking for some input from you guys. My driver side brake has been squealing for a while, and now its making this nasty metal sound, and I finally have the money to replace. So this is what I'm thinking:

Pads: http://raceroots.com/index.php/prod...brake-pads-performance-ceramic-front-set.html

and Rotors: http://www.***************/Rotora_Front_Slotted_Rotor_Pair_MS3_p/r.45078s.htm (SU)

Anyone who's had experience with these wanna chime in? or any other recommendations?

i have the rotora oem spec rotors and hawk hps pads.... very happy with this combo the pads much softer than stock but when your braking hard they really grab. plus very low brake dust

i have the rotora oem spec rotors and hawk hps pads.... very happy with this combo the pads much softer than stock but when your braking hard they really grab. plus very low brake dust

How is the squealing? I heard the hawk HPS pads can do that quite a bit

I've been reading up on replacement brakes now, and most people seem to suggest using stock rotors + brake pads, since I don't track my car that much, and it would be better for street.

The OEM brake pads are selling for 180 here! WTF? The OEM rotors are 80 bucks I think.

I have the HPS on my car for about 5k miles and they have never squealed. I have the HP+ for the track and those squeal so much that I have to have them taken off right after I come back from the track.

When my HPS were installed I also got new rotors. I don't know if you got new rotors with your HPS, if you didn't maybe that is why they are squealing.

07 Sunlight Silver MS3, Hypertech tune, Mazdaspeed CAI, Mazdaspeed CBE, Mazdaspeed coilovers, TWM short shifter and bushings, SU rear engine mount, Hotchkins front and rear swaybars, Cobb turbo intake, Cobb shifter weight, Goodridge stainless steel brake lines, Motul RBF600 brake fluid, Hawk HPS pads, Hawk plus pads (track only), RE-01's (track only), Dashhawk, Fuel-Filler door.

It can be the reason ;) I machined rotors before new pads were on place, however they are almost in the end of they life. I really don't mind of there is any sound till they are breaking :D :D

Back