New BC Suspension Install

yup , makes sense to me

I'd like to get 17x7.5 or if it can fit 17x8 and tires have to be at least 225x45x17 or 235x45x17 all around.

Offset will be a bit different for both rims but I think +43 will do for 7.5 wide rim , i'll have to check and measure as well since rims have different spec's

So, 235x45x17 tire in front would work with rolled fender but in the rear i'd see rubbing the fender even if i rolled the fender ??

btw, this is the rim i'm looking at getting
http://www.hopupracing.com/ssrevde.html

+43 on a 7.5 will rub too much. You're gonna have to pull the fender and roll or shave it.

I have a +50 on 7.5 and when the car's loaded, it's already cutting it pretty close with 205/40/17.

And 235x45x17 will rub the plastic inner liners up front but should be fine with some camber and height adjustments.

received. Stupid TMF won't let me view the attachments. One that that's odd is the color. I know for the Proteges, the locking rings are a gold color...not red.

After looking at them more, they're definitely not for a protege. The bracket for the brake lines are wrong. I'm not sure what the suspension bits look like for a 3.

did some quick searching for Mazda3 suspension, and it looks nothing like the BCs in the picture. I really don't think those were on a Mazda. Still doesn't mean there aren't any questions on how/why they broke.

so here's the poop...the guys a spammer from the east...bunch of total BS! i knew something was up with that post and those pics! what an a#@ wipe!

oh, see the pics i posted above, well some jerk comes on this other forum and shows these pics and says he got int an accident becase his bc coil over broke???? so the aboce is what i found out a day later...total waste of a human being this idiot!

it did break fro the inside, and with camber and steering axis inclination, maybe he did hit a hole and lost it.

id like to see the thread also

why did you adjust the spring pre-load perch?

When checking things over I found the spring seemed about 2mm shorter than when first installed (216 v 218mm). So I released the springs and reset the preload to approx 3mm(I found it difficult to get more accurate than +-1mm), just to make sure all was ok (My stock rear springs had very little preload for some reason and was slowly and noisily chewing up the upper left rubber spring seat between the spring and top mount, which provided another reason to get these :) ). No problems at all, just a couple of twangs as it settled, same as after the initial install.

Didn't the old BC stuff (VH series I think) have red parts instead of the new gold?

just got mines today after like how long i said i was going pick them up. I noticed the rears got revised on the mounts looks better. anyone else? try to post some pix of um.

Last edited:
My rear mounts were black instead of gold like the fronts and everyone else's I've ever seen pics of.

Definitely post up some pics. I'm interested in seeing how they've changed.

Only pics I got at the moment...
DSC01785.jpg

DSC01787.jpg

^^ thats how mine looked... execept for the edlinks... i sitll dont understand what the orange is..

Back