New 2003.5 Owner

terbow

Contributor
:
03.5 MSP
(drive)

Hello Everyone, I just got a yellow 2003.5 MSP with 40 miles on it. I just have to say im extremely pleased with the car. This is the first time i got into a car and it makes me smile when i drive it. Im not new to tuning cars but i am definately glad i got this car. I know every car has its quirks or shortcommings but theres nothing really about the car i can complain about. all the lil stuff can be fixed (hesitation, clunks etc). Im trying to get away from modding cause that usually leads to other things breaking.. but ohhhh boy, itch itch. i feel it comein. Just wanted to express my joy and hope i can help others with my past experiences and get some help as well.

Welcome and enjoy your new mazdaspeed. That grin may be permanant while driving.

Got to be one of the last new MSP's around.

Have fun, and yellow is the fastest color.....well to cops anyway.

haha yea i know the deal already, im gonna go for the 200whp range, nothin nuts. and just make it have a bit more power, im done with high maintenance on custom turbo kits, i learned my lesson. the suspension and everything else is fun enough for me. im from RI. It was the last msp in my area i think , i drove to the mazda dealer on a whim with my fiance and we loved it after the test drive. i didnt have many choices on colors, in fact i had no choices lol. i want it to last me the duration of my loan so i think the engine can take 200whp, if not ill push it to safe limits. im happy with it now it just needs a lil kick in the ass.

im from pawtucket RI presently, im tryin to move to MA soon cause at my current insurance rates youd think i was drivin a ferrari :)

If you want to make it look a little better I recamend gettin the tein spring the ride feels stock. and drops it only like 1.5r and 1.8 front

terbow said:
im from pawtucket RI presently, im tryin to move to MA soon cause at my current insurance rates youd think i was drivin a ferrari :)
I had the same probalem I live in cali with 5 speeding tickets and one wreck
so I went on my familys insurence and bought an old truck so the papers say I'm only driving the truck.It cut my insurence in half.

i dont have any tix or accidents, im clean, cept the deer i hit in my cav, they felt it was necessasary to raise my ins 100$ for it (for the msp insurance), even though it was 2 yrs ago...boo on them, but im payin 375/mo for it. when i lived in MA i was payin 1200 a yr for 2 cars lol. I might drop it, new england snow kinda sucks so i have to debate it, my cav is 3 inches off the ground and i get stuck all the time in the winter, plus my front bumper was like a snow plow heh.

thanks for the spring tip though. ill keep it in mind.

Last edited:
Welcome to the family... nice color... and plz keep it without decals and stickers.. no eurolight either

welcome, man!
trying not to mod....hmmmm....i gave up after not even 2 months. i had over 1000 in upgrades before i recieved my licence plate from DMV...

ha yeah i was the same way. then i got on here and read everyone saying, "yeah my msp is so much better with this item you gotta buy it!" so there went all my money =/ btw did you know that in missouri there is only a 20$ fine for every MONTH your sales tax is late ;)

Back