new '10 CX-9

dmitrik4

:
'04 RX-8 || '10 CX-9
we just got into a Stormy Blue 2010 CX-9 Touring AWD after our CX-7 lease ended. first impressions...wow! once you get used to the higher seating and lighter steering, the 9 handles just like the 7. i was really surprised and impressed as how well the 9 hustles. the 7 had great moves for its size and the 9 is no different.

now to work out a switch from single disc to 6-disc....

The 9 has a much quieter and more "luxurious" drive than the 7 as you'll see.

it's definitely a quieter ride, although the 7 wasn't exactly loud (at least compared to my current and previous cars, an RX-8 and an autoX'd 91 miata on 550lb springs). ;)

wife misses the turbo kick, though. her car before the 7 was a turbo Saab, so she's had boost for a long time.

so far, so good, however. the V6 definitely has some kick, although i haven't really wound it out yet.

Imagine Ecoboost (with some other name from Mazda's mktg dept) in the 9. Wow.

we just got into a Stormy Blue 2010 CX-9 Touring AWD after our CX-7 lease ended. first impressions...wow! once you get used to the higher seating and lighter steering, the 9 handles just like the 7. i was really surprised and impressed as how well the 9 hustles. the 7 had great moves for its size and the 9 is no different.

now to work out a switch from single disc to 6-disc....

Like you I just got a '10 'Storm also. Love that color, second choice would have been the white. Anyway, if you think it handles good coming out of a CX-7, try this - I came out of an '01 Eddie Bauer Expedition! The Ford was a 5.4L, and still the CX-9 has plenty of power to "satisfy." I also went from 6 disc's to one, so if you figure this out, please post it. I've only had "smiley" for a couple of days - and until I joined this group, I didn't know it was objectionable. Now that I know it, I think maybe folks should see the back end - I got the Sport with the power seating, and added leather. Seems the after-market leather was better quality.

This is a great source for a wealth of information.

Back