Need longer lasting tire without sacrificing perfrormance.

BF Goodrich g-force t/a kdw!!! Awesome in dry and rain and have a wear rating of 300. for the money i have not found a better tire

Attachments

• BF tire.jpg
    BF tire.jpg
    390.8 KB · Views: 113
I bought 2 sets of Yokohama Parada Spec II's. Talk about sticky tires, those tires gripped like a mofo. As far as number of years. You can't determine how long they will last of years. It's more like around mileage. And mine lasted me around 25-32K. They are really good tires and the Tread wear on them are rated 320

If you're going thru tires that fast, at least don't buy the pricey ones. I know several people who have the Hankook Ventus Evo K112's or whatever they are, and they like the performance. (MS3's and MINI Coopers) But I don't know anyone who has worn out a set of the Hankooks yet, so I can't report on actual miles driven.

I've been thru 2 sets of Yokohama S-Drives on my old MINIs, getting 25k each from them, compared to under 20k (and as little as 12k) from other tires. And I have about 20k on my current S-Drives on the MS3, with probably another good 8-12k left. MS3's alignment is much easier on tires than the MINI's was.

Daily driving, I'm slightly aggressive, but not drag racing from light to light or trying to find the apex of the Circle-K driveway every morning. I do have a trip to Deal's Gap (to enjoy the twisties) on this set of tires as well.

The Hankooks or S-Drives should run you in the $90-120 range for most common sizes, so even if you tear thru them, at least you get off cheap.

the circle K driveway apex is pretty funny. I am definately not like that at all. But know some that are.

On my P5 I had Potenza RE760 Sports.. they have treadwear of 340 and tirerack had a very positive review of them, plus they were buy 3 get 1 at firestone when I was in the market.

I recommend checking them out.

I got 26K out of the stock tires and ran a 13.7 at the track with them , I switched to these and have 40K+ Hwy miles on them with 2 track days and ran a 13.57 with them and probably with proper inflation and rotation will get another 10K before they are dangerous (rotate every oil change/5K). They are not as sharp as the stock Bridgstone tires for cornering but I am more than happy with the wet/dry and snow performance I have gotten out of these tires for the cost.
Yokohama Avid W4S
Size: 225/45R18
Sidewall Style: Blackwall
Serv. Desc: 91W Load Index 91 = 1356lbs (615kg) per tire
Speed Rating “W” = 168mph (270kph)
UTQG: Treadwear: 400
Traction: AA
Temperature: A400 AA A Price: $146.00 (each) Closeout
Estimated Availability: In Stock
Tire Rack

What kind of snow are we talking about that you have driven them in? I see that you are in Kenosha, so I would assume it has been in pretty substantial snow.

These are all season tires?

In theory I would like to get somewhere around 25000 miles on a set of tires. The Super Sport has given me about 15 or less now. The treadwear rating on them is 400. I was pretty happy with them all around. Just wish they last longer.

its like real estate.

rotation rotation rotation

Suprised no one has suggested GoodYear Eagle GT's. I have these on my speed now and they are great. 400 Treadwear, and very good grip for the tire. Im happy with them. :)

Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus!!

UTQG: Treadwear: 500
Traction: AA
Temperature: A
Speed: Y

I know not as sticky as some of the summer tires, but at least you'll have confidence in the slippery stuff. I ran these on my 240 and loved them. Handled those FLA afternoon down-pours like they were nothing. Easly cruised I-10 at 70 mph in the rain; no uneasiness, no hydro-planing. And gave me plenty of grip on dry roads. Gave me enough confidence to hit 120 on Thomasville Rd (north of capital cir.) in T-town (don't worry, only did it once). This was after having some Yok Intermediates on there previously. Now those were some sticky tires. All in all, the Michelins didn't disappoint; but they are a little expensive. Keep in mind, I was rockin some 16x8s on my 240, so $ of the tires was a little more reasonable.

Plus I think the Michelins only come in 225/40 18s

Last edited:
Toyo proxes T1R.
I use them since last year after my stocker died. Nice grip, not as good as r050a but still very good. Tire is much more quiet and still as sharp as the stockers for cornering. From what i know these should last at least twice longer than stockers.

They are not cheap tough, but with a toyo 700$ waiver i was a happy camper ;)

Those are oem on Audi A6 and A8.

just got my 2nd set of Kumho SPTs and am loving them. I also got an alignment at the same time. Im hoping for 20k out of this set. lets hope!

Back