Need ideas/tips for finishing my setup

SP33D

:
Black Mica MSP
Ok so here's my situation. I've got some audio equipment left over from a SQ project I was working on. Keep in mind that my friend competed and gave me guidance on what was good what wasn't etc. So... nowadays I'm pretty much clueless.

Ok basically right now I have the following
1 12" Image Dynamics IDMax sub
Zapco c2k 9.0 amp
Zapco c2k 6.0 amp
Zapco c2k 2.5 amp

So I need a HU, speakers, wiring, and a sub box. I've been looking for a sub box that fits our car but the mounting depth on the idmax is a lot bigger then most of those boxes will fit.

I was looking at the Alpine CDE-123 for the head unit ($175)

Not really sure what component speakers are decent these days. I used to have DLS Iridiums but I traded them in with my MSP.

Anyway I'm kinda rambling at this point... I'd like to finish my setup for roughly $750 or less. Help :)

used used and more used.
retail is over rated in my opnion, the only benefit is the return/warranty.
i got me a set of kappa perfects for 150, just have to look
may i recommend DIYMA.
btw that kickass stuff, dont spoil it with a cheapo headunit, i'd look into pioneer or kenwood. Alpine kinda sucks lately

You traded in DLS Iridiums with your car? So you're looking to pick up a HU, speakers, wiring, and a sub box for the price of the speakers you left in your previous car. LOL! You should've just bought some Walmart speakers and thrown them in before you traded it in. The dealer wouldn't have known the difference.

That's like selling your house and leaving a Ferrari in the garage because you were too lazy to transport it to your new home.
I've shuffled my DLS Iridium 6.3 components through 3 installs now. No way some slimy dealer is getting his hands on them.

Ok, ok, I'm guessing you've already picked equipment out already, but for that budget, I'd pick up a decent $200 head unit from a well known brand, I'd build my own box for $100, then spend $400 on a set of components. If you stuck with DLS, you'd be downgrading a few models but they are still a great brand. That would leave about $50 for wiring...and hopefully you still have some lying around from the previous install.

^this guy knows his sh*t, look for his sub box build thread.

may I recommend amping the components, its a vast improvement.

Latest posts

Back