Need FCD quick for track. Sell/rent me yours =)

InsidiousMSP

:
Black Mazdaspeed
I'm in need of a FCD for the track next Friday. I'd like to get some #s with this exhaust. Unfortunately Joe P. has a lot of orders to fill, and won't be able to get me one in time. For you guys storing your cars for the winter, or any nice people interested in helping, please PM me if you're interested in selling yours to me. I'll pay you $60, more than enough for you to buy a new one from Joe. Or, let me borrow yours for $10 + shipping costs. I'll ship it back to you once I'm done. I'd appreciate it.

Moderators, though this is a "WTB" thread, it's directed to Mazdaspeed owners with FCDs, not necessarly Mazdaspeed owners looking to sell anything. Please keep this here.

Thanks.

Turbo Matty P said:
Need FCD quick for track. Sell/rent me yours =)

spoken like someone who's about to blow the motor.....

Already learned my lesson once. :)

I'm planning to run 10psi at the track. The cool weather will only allow 7psi.

hehehe, just checking...the boost bug always hit me at the track also.....every pass just turn it up a little more...You've gotta stop one the clutch starts slipping and the LSD is fried...well, I should've stopped!

id let u borrow mine, but i need it for the same reason. I didnt hit the cut until 15 psi when i was at the track. I think it'll be in the high 70's that night anyways (hopefully)

well as the weather gets colder the cutoff becomes a nuscience. I have it set to peak at 9.5 ( in 5th it will go to 10) and then steady off at 8. The colder it gets the easier I hit the cutoff in any gear other than 1st. I just want the damn cutoff to go away. I emailed Joe but I guess he's busy because he hasnt replied.

if you peak at 9.5 then you did up the boost, in the cold the car hits the boost cut around 7 psi (10ish with the fcd)

yes the boost is up from stock. I have the Joe P MBC. It was all good until the cold weather set in. Now I have to watch my gauge to make sure i dont go to high. Very annoying

bored132 said:
if you peak at 9.5 then you did up the boost, in the cold the car hits the boost cut around 7 psi (10ish with the fcd)

so wait, you still experience boost cut with the FCD installed? I thought the whole purpose was to eliminate it...?

-B

doesn't the fuel cut defender and FM voltage clamp do the same thing? just buy one of thiers, they have plenty.

i mean, its activated by the onset of boost and modifys the signal from the o2 sensor so the ECU doesn't pull fuel. same deal, no?

Back