Nav Change

:
2007 GT FWD, Bose/NAV
Thinking on doing a NAV change. I believe the map DVD reader in the back is sh*tting the bed. It will not read my European map disk, even after I made a fresh copy. I have been looking at Crutchfield and there are 3 recomended units, the budget pioneer, the user choice JVC, and staff choice Alpine. Which of these has the ability to upgrade to Western European maps in your opinion?

I have to hit the sack as I am going cross-eyed from staring at the computer researching aftermarket NAV units. I really would appreciate your assistance, alsoI have looked at the user's pics of his replaced unit in the forum. I was looking for something newer with more capabilities and flexible updates (not $250 upgrade map DVDs for Europe.).

I believe you need a software CD before loading the map DVD.
The importer of CX9 to Europe should have one. Check any authorized importer to see if they got one.

This is how it was working before. When Battery power was pulled, I would load the original NAV DVD and it would do it's software load. I would then take it out and load the Western Europe map disk and it would read and work. Right now when I put the Western Europe disk in it reads, but will not access the portion of the disk where the address city/street selections are located. I can navigate using pre-saved locations, but cannot manually enter them. The selections are present on the screen, but when selected nothing happens.

My theory is that the DVD reader in the trunk is not reading all sectors of the DVD. That is to say that the lense is not travelling the entire width of the disk. I am half temped tp pull the DVD unit out and tinker with it to see if it has a blockage impeding the lense travel.

What NAV units have users been installing without serios problems like A/C cout ot etc. I understand that there will always be the clock issue.

Ceric you were partially right. I was using the original NAv disk that came with the vehicle to "load" the nav unit (Mazda part No. GP9A 66 DZ0 B). In my search for a DVD lense cleaner I located my Mazda 2008.1 Rev. F disk. I loaded the Nav unit with that and then placed the Western Europe disk in and it works. BTW, I have read posts on how to backup Navteq map disks and most involved using some sort of data decrypter. I did not use this, but used Nero to make a direct ISO and the NAV unit reads it just fine.

Now I only I could solve the door lock/pass key issue I have. It started after I ripped of my driver side door panel to fix my broke bose speaker. BTW priced a replacement woofer at a dealership stateside and it runs only $74.

Back