My Battle-Stance build thread PART 2: STD R3 Coilovers, CS skidplate

Greensleeper

:
2 GX 2011
So here's a little update since my PART 1 ( http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/show...overs-bars-and-wheels!&highlight=greensleeper )

I switched my Ksport Kontrol Pro because they not having camber-plates in front is a major no-no for me. So here came my STD R3: Better rates, better construction, better valving. Having a great reputation here in Canadian motorsports (CTCC, drift, rally, etc) doesn't hurt either. Don't make a mistake of thinking that the Ksport are not good: they are offering a terrific bang-for-the-buck ratio!

Meanwhile I bought a Corksport skidplate and my friend Markku welded beefier nuts (did'nt remember what those special nuts/bolts thingys tha CS supply with the kit to mount on OEM holes). Anyway, everything is now welded, with bigger attachements and bigger, higher-grade bolts for a truly tank-like protection extravaganza! IED's here I come...

So here it is before putting stock suspension/rims/winter tires for winter...

DSCF0519.jpg

DSCF0513.jpg

DSCF0515.jpg

DSCF0517.jpg

DSCF0518.jpg

:)

Last edited:

Meanwhile I bought a Corksport skidplate and my friend Markku welded beefier nuts (did'nt remember what those special nuts/bolts thingys tha CS supply with the kit to mount on OEM holes). Anyway, everything is now welded, with bigger attachements and bigger, higher-grade bolts for a truly tank-like protection extravaganza! IED's here I come...

So here it is before putting stock suspension/rims/winter tires for winter...
:)

Looks nice. Can you take some pictures of the modified CS installation?

Thank you in advance!

Do you have any pics of the STD Coils? I wanna see their setup.. I may go with them next year

Looks nice. Can you take some pictures of the modified CS installation?

Thank you in advance!

No, when my friend Markku worked on it, I forgot my cam... Basically he enlarged the holes a bit, put bigger Riv-Nuts than CS supplied in them, weld the Riv-Nuts to the subframe and than he put flatter, 'rounded', bigger size screws. This is more solid, and give more ground-clearance than the smaller 'Allen-screw-on-slope-style-washers' CS provides.

Do you have any pics of the STD Coils? I wanna see their setup.. I may go with them next year

Unfortunatly I did'nt take any pics of the setup at the installation, and desinstallation.

How much camber adjustment do the Standard camber plates allow? I thought the small top strut hole was an issue. Did you have you do any cutting etc?
Car looks great BTW!

How much camber adjustment do the Standard camber plates allow? I thought the small top strut hole was an issue. Did you have you do any cutting etc?
Car looks great BTW!

Thanks for the comments! :)

Camber is very adjustable because the camber-plates are 'recessed' (sorry I don't know if that's the correct word, i'm French-Canadian). I was running -1.5 degree with no problems and I will go to a full -2.5 next summer to fit the 205/50's DOT R-Comp on ET36 8''-wide wheels. I did not measure how much degrees you can have, but it is pretty much like all the 'normal' cars I guess, since the lower bracket is slightly slotted on the upper hole of the spindle to allow somewhat like 0.5 degree more like OEM.

Yes the hole is small and the STD top damping adjuster protrude, but you can remove it easy. Or order a set of custom R9's with very manly 7/5 rates and the adjuster will be at the bottom of the strut since those are inverted lol!

R1-3-7-9 and ENR are together in comp./rebound.

ENR2 are 2 way.

ENR55 is available in both 2 and 3 way.

...I sound like a STD rep lol!

I do appreciate the info. The STD coilovers look pretty good. I really like the separate height/preload adjusters, and the fact that i can custom order the spring rate. I like that they have a strong Canadian presence as well. Funny thing is, I'm planning out my STF build for next summer but I don't even have a Mazda 2 yet! My wife has a 5 that we love, and I've liked the 2's since I first saw them.

Plus d'images s'il vous plat

Sorry, I didn't take any pics of the coilovers... And now they are sleeping in their original STD boxes...

I do appreciate the info. The STD coilovers look pretty good. I really like the separate height/preload adjusters, and the fact that i can custom order the spring rate. I like that they have a strong Canadian presence as well. Funny thing is, I'm planning out my STF build for next summer but I don't even have a Mazda 2 yet! My wife has a 5 that we love, and I've liked the 2's since I first saw them.

Try them, they worth it!

Back