My 6500 km report

Grimace

Well, I've had my MSP for 56 days and 6500 km (yeah, I'm really racking them up!) and during that time I haven't posted nearly as much as before I got the car. Mostly because I've been having too much fun behind the wheel (and surfing E-Bay for my next r/c car).
So far, its been fantastic:
Incredible handling - I've pushed it far beyond the limits of my previous car, and not a squeel from the tires. I guess I'm not trying hard enough!
Great acceleration - more than enough power for me. If you can't drive this car fast with 170 HP, 370 HP ain't going to help you either. Just pick your gears carefully and you won't catch the car off-guard.
Very comfortable - I am continually amazed at how nicely the car rides over bumps, yet corners like mad. Mid-turn bumps that would catch other cars off-guard are soaked up with no problem in the MSP. The backseat room is better than any other compact car I've tried, hands down. Even better than some mid-size cars - Mazda did a fantastic packaging job.

The amount of stares this car gets is unbelievable, especially after I (finally) washed and waxed it. I get a lot of glances from WRX drivers, Spec V drivers, etc., but also from people in minivans, sedans, walking on the street, it doesn't matter. It catches eveyone's eye. I can't tell you how many times I've seen people mouth "What is that car?" I get tons of comments at stoplights, parking lots, etc. about how nice the car is, what is it, is it fast, etc.

With all the positives of leasing this car, there are only a few negatives that I can count on one hand:
-Not only does it attract a lot of attention from other drivers/passerbyers, it also is popular with the law enforcement...
-I have a slight exhaust rattle when there are a few people in the backseat and/or the trunk is really loaded down. Dealership will be checking that out next Friday.
-I have experienced the hesitation, but on my car, its not very bad and doesn't happen very often. If the ECU flash comes out soon, great. If it doesn't, I can easily live with it. I have NEVER had the car stall like other members.

All in all, I am one very happy MSP owner, and I'm looking forward to seeing some 2003.5's on the road that I can give a honk and a wave.

Back