MSP Mid Pipe Clearance ?

nk2a

Contributor
Anyone know if there is enough clearance for a 3' mid pipe with a 5' cat?

Last edited:
30 views and no repliesAnyone have their protg up on a hoist, jacks, blocks? I just need to know if a 5 inch diameter cat will clear before I purchase.

Where is the cat going to sit? before the xmember, right at the xmember, or after the xmember? I'll tell you right now it won't fit at the xmember.

Mr. Win said:
eloborate, I have 3" piping and had a high flow, but I have not measured the cat to see it's diameter, no issues with mine, it is after the xmember.

The cat would sit after the x-member. Vibrant makes a high flow 5' metal core cat that mates up to 3' piping. I know that room is tight but how tight? I could do away with the cat entirely but wanted to explore this option first.

Last edited:
nk2a said:
The cat would sit after the x-member. Vibrant makes a high flow 5' metal core cat that mates up to 3' piping. I know that room is tight but how tight? I could do away with the cat entirely but wanted to explore this option first.
I have vibrant's exhaust, it fits great, never any issues, but I removed the cat and put an electronic dump in its place.

I hear its a nice set up - I'm pretty sure that they don't use the 5' metal core cat on their exhaust kits. Probably because it's over kill. Regardless I'm curious.

nk2a said:
I hear its a nice set up - I'm pretty sure that they don't use the 5' metal core cat on their exhaust kits. Probably because it's over kill. Regardless I'm curious.
it could have been 5", not too sure, it is oval in shape and larger than the 3" pipe, def not 5" inch top to bottom, but might be side to side. I can measure some time later at home it's stored with all my other parts that are off the car.

my guess is it's outer shell Size is 6.5" wide x 4" high

Does it look like this?

7029_WEBS.jpg

Back