MS3 vs. Focus RS

It's funny you mention the Volvo. I just saw one for the first time this weekend. I loved the back end. The dude got out at the gas station and came over to talk about the MS3. He was pretty cool. But his car couldn't hang.

It's funny you mention the Volvo. I just saw one for the first time this weekend. I loved the back end. The dude got out at the gas station and came over to talk about the MS3. He was pretty cool. But his car couldn't hang.

With an Auto and 227bhp it's just not as fast as a MT MS3; though it is nice that they will be offering this fully tuned out track version to the public soon. Volvo is also working with Polestar to offer custom tunes and bolt-on upgrades for US dealers this summer. Here's their +400hp C30 AWD: http://www.topgear.com/uk/volvo/c30/road-test/polestar-concept (Keep in mind that this will never be produced for regular production, but still nontheless a sick hatch)

And here's a good TopGear Episode with the Cosworth STi, Focus RS500, & C30 Polestar

Last edited:
With an Auto and 227bhp it's just not as fast as a MT MS3; though it is nice that they will be offering this fully tuned out track version to the public soon. Volvo is also working with Polestar to offer custom tunes and bolt-on upgrades for US dealers this summer. Here's their +400hp C30 AWD: http://www.topgear.com/uk/volvo/c30/road-test/polestar-concept (Keep in mind that this will never be produced for regular production, but still nontheless a sick hatch)

And here's a good TopGear Episode with the Cosworth STi, Focus RS500, & C30 Polestar

I love the RS 500! I've always wondered why Ford wouldn't bring the Focus RS to the states. That was a good Top Gear episode, I like it when they feature cars that aren't super cars once in a while.

I have no idea if a MS3 could hang with one performance wise, but I'd buy one to find out!

I love the RS 500! I've always wondered why Ford wouldn't bring the Focus RS to the states. That was a good Top Gear episode, I like it when they feature cars that aren't super cars once in a while.

I have no idea if a MS3 could hang with one performance wise, but I'd buy one to find out!

Ford does not want the little bugger to interefere with Mustang sales first and foremost. Secondly, the motor in the RS 500 is basically Volvo's T-5 motor on steroids and is the motor in the C 30. to me if the C 30 came with an AWD version I would buy it. Knowing Bob Raub of K-Pax and what the did with the S-60 I can only assume that their C 30 will be a beast. C-30 is has already won a couple of World Challenge events and the drivers, Robb Holland and Aaron Provoledo rave about the cars.... All in all, the RS 500 would beat the MS 3 hands down.

Back