18x9 +30 offset & 245/35/18 tires

PICT4445.jpg

PICT4448.jpg

PICT4450.jpg

PICT446.jpg

PICT4451.jpg

PICT4449.jpg

this are the best pics i seen all year

I picked up some new used OZ Ultraleggeras 18x8 +48s. They're not perfect, but they work for me. Stock suspension with stock tires. The wheel gap appears bigger, maybe my imagination, but I plan on getting fatter tires when I burn these off. Here are some pictures:

can i ask, why you going w/ beefier tires?

The rota's look nice, but is there really any advantage of a 9" wheel? Seems like a little bit of overkill to me, especially if you are rubbing the rears

for the looks, and hopefully some more traction, my cars fully bolted and i was still stuck on the stock tires, it was like trying to rollerblade on an icerink. most of all, i just wanted to be a pioneer and do it. i will do whatever it takes to get rid of the rubbing, im not worried about that.

So with 9 inch rims it would be like iceskating with a sled. lol.

LOL

for the looks, and hopefully some more traction, my cars fully bolted and i was still stuck on the stock tires, it was like trying to rollerblade on an icerink. most of all, i just wanted to be a pioneer and do it. i will do whatever it takes to get rid of the rubbing, im not worried about that.

Well thats fair enough, but I mean +30 offset? it seems a bit too extreme for me. I would imagine that a stickier tire on an 8" wheel wouldve given you far better returns for your investment. To each his own, I just wanted to know the reasoning

can i ask, why you going w/ beefier tires?

215s on the 8in rim looks too skinny. There's no rim protection. It looks awkward as well. I plan on getting either 225/45/18 or 235/40/18 for better traction and looks. The 45 gives slightly taller sidewall for more comfort, while the 235 gives more traction.

215s on the 8in rim looks too skinny. There's no rim protection. It looks awkward as well. I plan on getting either 225/45/18 or 235/40/18 for better traction and looks. The 45 gives slightly taller sidewall for more comfort, while the 235 gives more traction.

I have 235/40 on RX-8 rims and I rub in the back every once in a while.

I have 235/40 on RX-8 rims and I rub in the back every once in a while.

speaking of rubbing...not in a sexual way...anyone from the northern states when its super cold out...20ish and such...do you have problems with rubbing? it seems that only when its coldout my car rubs like crazy. then once the thing is warmed up and moving for a while its ok. any thought?

I am on rx8 rims with 225/45/18s dropped on roadmagnets and I rub bad and when i hit a pothole the tire hit the front of the fender and pulled the lip back...... I dont know if 235/40/18 would be better

speaking of rubbing...not in a sexual way...anyone from the northern states when its super cold out...20ish and such...do you have problems with rubbing? it seems that only when its coldout my car rubs like crazy. then once the thing is warmed up and moving for a while its ok. any thought?

This is not rubbing. This is the infamous "bushing noise" that these cars exhibit when the front and rear swaybar collar bushings freeze up. Once they move around a bit and warm up, the noise goes away (only to return again when cold).

Just got them installed. I will have better pics later. They are by Modify (?) 18x8 +40 offset. Lexani tires 225/40/18

picture204371iz6.jpg

picture20438tf4.jpg

Back