MS3 hit my dealer

rarefc3s said:
There is a black Ms3 at the dealer here in town and the pricks are marking it up $4k. Anyone else have the same in their area?

I also found this cool video on the Mazda site and uploaded it here:

http://www.sporttuned.com/watch.php?v_id=763

I want one of these but not for $27k!

Yeah, that is outrageous for a slot car even it eventually becomes a collectors' item.

But seriously, in what town are they asking this absurd sum for a souped up Mazda 3? Definitely raising the idiot flag just to see who salutes. They'll be more reasonable after a short period of lots of people asking for test drives and nobody buying.

Last edited:
seanw said:
Yeah, that is outrageous for a slot car even it eventually becomes a collectors' item.

But seriously, in what town are they asking this absurd sum for a souped up Mazda 3? Definitely raising the idiot flag just to see who salutes. They'll be more reasonable after a short period of lots of people asking for test drives and nobody buying.

Didn't they do the same with the rx-8 when it came out and after a short time dropped the price down again?

I'm in SLC, Utah and the dealers around here are charging MSRP... My dealer has no GT's left and only has 2 or 3 sports left available for sale. That seems to be the case with the other 3 Mazdaspeed dealers in the area, as well.

I did get to see & sit in the first speed3 to hit at my dealer on Thursday, though. A Red GT that is the twin to the one I have coming.... Man waiting sucks... :(

But for the record, that over-MSRP stuff is BS.

In Ottawa and London, Ontario dealers are charging MSRP. But don't think about negotiating anything lower cause it AIN'T gonna happen.

R

i was told here in washington if you pre-ordered through their internet department it was sold to you at MSRP, if not and you tried to buy one at a dealer they would marker it up 2-4grand because people are willing to pay it...

Louisville, KY. I sold my MSP over a year ago knowing this car was comming out. I guess I will just have to travel to find a dealer who ins't finding the suckers willing to pay that. There is a thread on here about S Plan I need to read to see if any dealers are selling them on S Plan. I'm a loyal Mazda customer and that dealer mark up kills me (ie pisses me off bad!).

actually the Splan pricing is what screwed me out of being able to get an MS3 3 months earlier than now....originally mazda released the paperwork outlinging the Splan pricing for the MS3 and its options, they then cancelled that program saying they were sellling them at and above MSRP so they didnt want to offer Splan(even though its offered on everything else including the MS6)...

I am hoping that once they arent able to sell them at 4k over msrp anymore they will re-introduce Splan pricing, otherwise Ill have to wait longer and try to find someone who couldnt afford theirs and buy it cheap.

haha, love what the factory sticker says on the bottom of that ebay listing:

"Mazdaspeed3 Grand Touring
263 Horse Power, can be modified
Mazda cold air induction system to
over 300 Horse Power."

Yes. Horse. Power...... I am Borat, is nice, I like!
Do they make those +40hp CAIs for other cars? (laugh)

Back