MS3@ Geneva 06.

Status
Not open for further replies.
tks for the pics

i expected more from the body :(. Plus those rims.. well .. mazda don't get it.

seems to be an awesome car tough !

Last edited:
thanks for the pics
After seeing those....ugliest speed yet :( Too bad, all that power....

perhaps it'll look better in person

The last pics look SOOO much better than the current 3 hatchback, god that thing is ugly. I really don't mind it in the last pics, but the 1st one of the new set shows the one thing that bugs me the most about the 3 hatchback.. the way the rear fender bulges when viewed from that angle.

Oh I notice they "upgrade" to an LED 3rd brakelight. it's stupid that the 3 didn't have this.

I don't know who is designing the wheels on the new Mazda's but they need to be fired. First the Mazdaspeed6, then the New 6, then this thing, and did you see the M3 refresh? Like wtf?

Mazda's always had really nice wheels, what happened?

Honestly, I wish Ford would bring their new Focus ST to NA. It looks so much better than the MS3 (sorry to say that)!!

05.jpg
[/QUOTE]
---------------------^Red------------------------------------^White/Clear------------

Anyone notice that the left brake light is red and the right one is white/clear? Or are my eyes just playing tricks on me?

Last edited:
^that's Euro-spec taillights for the 3, you're not hallucinating, NA-spec 3's will not have that

in that same pic, you can also tell that they upgraded the taillights to LED's as well, not just the center brake light...

fattyboombatty said:
lol Why do they do that? I wonder how it looks at night...

the same. They did it with the P5 in Europe too. The red lens you see on the left is not a brake light, it's a "fog light indicator lamp". It turns on when you have your fog lights turned on and is very bright. It's a nice safety feature, because if you need your fog lights on due to poor visibility chances are people driving behind you have a hard time seeing you.

tentative specs for mz3 MPS L3-VDT engine:
power: ~184kW (250ps) @ 5500rpm (EEC net)
torque: 380Nm @ 3000rpm (EEC net)
fuel requirement: 98RON (93[R+M]/2)
fuel consumption: 9.7l/100km (ECE)
emissions compliancy: EuroIV
0-100km/h: 6.1s
50-100km/h (in 3rd gear): 4.2s
80-120km/h (in 5th gear): 5.4s
spring rates:
(front): 33N/mm
(rear): 30N/mm
stabilizer sizes:
(front): 26mm
(rear): 25mm
roll stiffness: 2.18/G
coefficient of drag (Cd): 0.31
tire size: 215/45R18 93Y

gear ratios:
1st: 3.538:1
2nd: 2.238:1
3rd: 1.535:1
4th: 1.171:1
5th: 1.085:1
6th: 0.853:1
reverse: 3.831:1
final drive (1st-4th gear): 3.941:1
final drive (5th-6th gear): 3.350:1

chassis rigidity has been upgraded, and suspension has been upgraded to have 60% increase in body roll stiffness.... flared front fenders are used (20mm wider than non-MPS models)... speedometer range has been increased to 280km/h (versus 230km/h on non-MPS models) but vehicle speed is ECU limited to 250km/h... front disc brake size has been increased to 320mm (300mm for non-MPS "sport" model, 278mm for others)

215's on an 18" rim? isnt that the same width as the stock 3s? at least give it a slightly wider tire

dissapointed in the looks and lack of awd... impressed with the front end & interior styling, not to metion the power.

hopefully mazda will ditch those fugly wheels for the NA market.

Iggy said:
215's on an 18" rim? isnt that the same width as the stock 3s? at least give it a slightly wider tire

I believe these are in spec with the MS6. The stock 3 comes with 17s (GT).

zverg said:
the same. They did it with the P5 in Europe too. The red lens you see on the left is not a brake light, it's a "fog light indicator lamp". It turns on when you have your fog lights turned on and is very bright. It's a nice safety feature, because if you need your fog lights on due to poor visibility chances are people driving behind you have a hard time seeing you.

And why are we not getting this feature? That sounds pretty cool

Stormtrooper77 said:
I believe these are in spec with the MS6. The stock 3 comes with 17s (GT).

while this is true, the MS6 has awd to help put the power down. with 280lb ft in a front driver 225's should be a minimum

nice pics mike

I really hope they get rid of that black strip across the front grill. it's too big. I'd actually go as far as painting it the 1st day I got it just to get rid of it. hopefully that is a Euro thing for their large plates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back