Mp5t 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
would it be too terribly difficult to just design an oilpan with a deep enough sump and enough windage to do what AWR's pan does?

I'm thinking from an ol' school rat-rodder POV - we weld additions to our pans all the time for extra oil capacity and to wrap the pans around solid-leaf front axles all the time.

Brian - think that'd be completely redundant or something that may "pan-out"?

would it be too terribly difficult to just design an oilpan with a deep enough sump and enough windage to do what AWR's pan does?
I'm thinking from an ol' school rat-rodder POV - we weld additions to our pans all the time for extra oil capacity and to wrap the pans around solid-leaf front axles all the time.

The AWR pan is designed really well, and worth the money even when you need to send it to get more work done after you get it.

My problem is that it is TOO EASY to finish the pan when it is being built, so why the **** stop short and not make it the way it should the first time.

Wow. Tigged steel looks amazing. You have a great (I'm assuming mil-spec?) welder!

Forgot to add, you're for sure set on the cork gasket? Even with the machining I am confident it will leak. Try the "motoseal" I suggested if it is important to you to be able to remove and install the pan with little hassle.

0000_Permatex_MotoSeal_--.jpg

Brian, did you ever contact AWR about that problem so they can correct it on future pans they make?

Why bother, I contacted them twice before I placed my order to ask them to fix it, they assusred me that it would be "Leak Free" and I bought it.

Why bother, I contacted them twice before I placed my order to ask them to fix it, they assusred me that it would be "Leak Free" and I bought it.

Same thing that happened to me! If you email him telling him that it leaked you won't get any emails back!

I never got any emails from Tony at AWR, but I did get a phonecall when I ordered my 88 duro mounts. Seems they were all sold out and backstocked on the rear mount, so Tony actually did pick up the phone and call me directly to let me know he is sending me a discounted shelf unit (it's painted - not PC'd).

He even knocked some shipping cost off and sent it a lil quicker than I paid for.

That's my only experience with him thus far and he's done nothing but help me. Maybe a phonecall is in order?

So it isn't even my job to make oil pans. But if it was, I would make this instead of what AWR Makes..

AWRPANProperly-1_zps0bfe0cfd.jpg

AWRPANProperly-2_zps7115226b.jpg

Hey Brian I have a question about turbo size to intercooler size. Can I email you to get some info ?

Sounds good Brian. Have you already received your second and fifth gear and just waiting to install or are they still making them? What gear ratio are the new ones?

Ok, An Update.

New Trans should be ready mid next week.

Decided to install the hood latches thus removing the stock hood latch, which made the Sexy CR3 "Hole Less" diverter plate possible.

1_zps16d9109b.jpg

2_zpse9141498.jpg

3_zps24a3337e.jpg

4_zpsb9265ac3.jpg

5_zpsf94c024e.jpg

3open_zpsd2f184ed.jpg

2half_zpsc6729966.jpg

1closed_zps9f32e9dd.jpg

Nice, I just picked up a steedspeed myself, I think mine is one of the older versions though. Cant wait to put it in. What kind of wastegate is that?
I ordered the Tial MV-S, not sure if its water cooled or not, I hope not lol

Nice, I just picked up a steedspeed myself, I think mine is one of the older versions though. Cant wait to put it in. What kind of wastegate is that?
I ordered the Tial MV-S, not sure if its water cooled or not, I hope not lol

Tial MV-S- Integrated -4 AN water cooling ports that cycle a small amount of coolant through the actuator top to keep the temperatures down in extreme conditions such as road racing. These are leak tested after installation from the factory and can be removed if not utilized.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back