MP3 capabilities

joevac10

I currently have a 6 disk Bose indash audio system that does not play mp3s. It will play audio cds that have been converted from mp3s, but it will not play a cd that has a bunch of mp3s as data (mp3 player). I have heard a few people on hear that have the Bose system and say that theirs does play mp3s, but mine does not. Any ideas on how I can get one? Should I go to the dealer and see if they would swap out? Also, does anyone know if I were to get the 6 disk MP3 Mazda plyer that is an option on non bose systesms, if it would work on a Bose system? I have seen a few on sale on Ebay, but they specifically say it would not work with Bose. Has anyone tried this? Your results?

Sorry for responding without an answer... but I never understood that. I wish I knew why *some* units ship with one and some another. I would "think" that you should be able to make them swap-it-out for an .MP3 version of the radio since OTHER owners of the exact same make/model/year got it for the same price. What's it hurt to go-in and state your case...?

I say go give the dealer an opportunity to "do the right thing". What's the worst that happens... they say "no"...?

I currently have a 6 disk Bose indash audio system that does not play mp3s. It will play audio cds that have been converted from mp3s, but it will not play a cd that has a bunch of mp3s as data (mp3 player). I have heard a few people on hear that have the Bose system and say that theirs does play mp3s, but mine does not. Any ideas on how I can get one? Should I go to the dealer and see if they would swap out? Also, does anyone know if I were to get the 6 disk MP3 Mazda plyer that is an option on non bose systesms, if it would work on a Bose system? I have seen a few on sale on Ebay, but they specifically say it would not work with Bose. Has anyone tried this? Your results?

Hard to tell without more specifics. Can you describe what you see on the 6 disk Bose indash display when you put in an MP3 disk?

Also, it may be the way you're burning your disks. With MP3, you have the ability to replicate the file structure found on your computer's hard drive. If you have copied many folders from your PC, that contain MP3 titles and burn them to a disk, the bose system takes a VERY long time to read that data. On the other hand, if you were to take all the titles from those multiple directories, and simply burn them into a single folder on the CD, then the bose system very quickly starts playing.

So, why not take some time to jot down how you're burning disks and what you're seeing on the screen on the bose, then our community might be able to provide some insights.

Regards, Vince.

mp3

Mazda sells a 6 disc mp3 player for about $600. I got the grand touring with bose 6 cd and it is not mp3. So I would have to spend another $600. So I scrapped it all for new head unit, amps, eq, and sub. Works great! see my other post with pics.

What you have is a few users who dont understand how an audio CD is authored.

They may have a pc full of .mp3's, and told what ever program to burn those to a disk. And were able to playthat disk, thinking they were playing .mp3's.

But in fact, they were playing converted .p3's to .wav, then the disk was autored in the "red book' format.

You know how you "rip" a cd from the disk to .mp3 in your computer. Basically, the reverse is being done to play them in the non /mp3 changer.

As said earlier. true .mp3 playback, whould be just a data disk with a set of file folders.

There were 3 options for cd players.

a one disc CD only
a 6 disc CD only
a 6 disc CD and MP3 player

If your's does not play mp3 get the dealer to install the one that does.

What you have is a few users who dont understand how an audio CD is authored.

They may have a pc full of .mp3's, and told what ever program to burn those to a disk. And were able to playthat disk, thinking they were playing .mp3's.

But in fact, they were playing converted .p3's to .wav, then the disk was autored in the "red book' format.

You know how you "rip" a cd from the disk to .mp3 in your computer. Basically, the reverse is being done to play them in the non /mp3 changer.

As said earlier. true .mp3 playback, whould be just a data disk with a set of file folders.

While that may be true... it is also true that some of the Bose systems play MP3s and some do not.

Back