Motor Replacement options

Carlinator

:
2003.5 MSP
Hey everyone. I threw a rod bearing back in January, car's been in pieces ever since. Rather than rebuild I've decided to just get a replacement motor to swap my turbo bits onto and get it back on the road, and repair/forge the bad motor later when I have the money to do it right. What I need to know is, are all the FS-DE motors the same as far as internals? Manifolds/accessories I can swap over as needed, just need to know that they'll hold my stuff. As far as I know this motor came in the 626 and Probe, would one of those work or should I stick with a Protege motor if possible?

any 2.0l engine should work. if u get one from a 626, make sure the valve cover has the mounting point for the cam position sensor on it.

I'd stick with a protege motor if you could, but the fs-de shows up in the 626, probe, and mx-6. If you get it from something that's not from a protege make sure it doesn't have a distributor attached to it but i don't know what if anything is different about the fs-de internals through the years-
-hopefully a lil' help!

Back