Motor Mounts aren't liquid filled, are they? Weird Leak by passenger side mount?

actually, it is fluid filled. i had an accident a few weeks ago where i completely hopped a curb and my passenger side motor mount has basically exploded. there was a liquid all over my engine bay that came from the motor mount.

So the impact with the curb very well could have done this...

The passenger side one (at least) is liquid filled. In my wreck in my first P5 it exploded and the oily substance stained the paint. The same issue was on my new P5 but it wasnt caused by a wreck..

No matter what anyone says, I can PROMISE you that the passenger side (at least) is liquid filled.

ummm yea im pretty sure the right side motor mount ( by the ps fluid container) cause when my front bumper was hit lol. i noticed liquid and i used good ole brake clean and cleaned every inch of that area and then used my air compresure and dried ever square inch. guess what i noticed some more leakage and all my hoses and fluids are toped off lol.

The part number and a pic after I removed the mount.

Check out the tear. The Canadian P5's do not have liquid filld MM's, like P5inder said and that grey coloured insert is indeed metal.

Last edited:
The part number and a pic after I removed the mount.

Check out the tear. The Canadian P5's do not have liquid filld MM's, like P5inder said and that grey coloured insert is indeed metal.

Thanks 90210Brandon, I thought I was going crazy...now, the crazy thing is that Mazda is using different mounts for US and Canadian cars.(uhm)

Yep,
The Geico adjuster called me last night to confirm that it was indeed liquid filled and that they would be replacing it.... The estimate for damage......

$2300!!!! Boy, that pic doesn't look like 2300 bucks, does it? I get a fresh OEM chrome 16 out of it too since it got curbed up. I'm sick of driving the Pontiac rental around.....

Good. Looks like Geico takes care of their customers...$2300 Bux is average for that kind of damage...

Actually, Geico is the insurer for the guy that hit me, but its been as good of an experience as gettign my car hit could be!

Latest posts

Back