monster build - need input

here is an idea you may or may not like

there is a guy on clubprotege.com that makes transmission adaptor plates for the toyota e153 to the mazda fe3

though i have never actually seen the two bolt patterns side by side, if a H series trans can fit on your FS like other are implying then this FE3 to E153 adaptor can as well.

the reason for swapping to an e153 trans is that they are easy enough to find in FWD varient from camry V6 vehicles and have a history of being extremely tough. many people also make lsds for e153

the downside is:

1. depending on how you mount everything up odds are you are going to have to "modify" either with a big hammer or properly cut and box the drivers side frame rail.
2. you would have to look into how to do the clutch/flywheel/pilot/throwout/starter. maybe it would be similar to how guys do the fe3 to e153 maybe its not. I have never actually had an FE3 so I could not tell you but there are several kiwis running e153 to fe3 and Im sure if you asked them they could tell you what to do.

the reason the e153 swap would be worth it in the long run is that the trans has a history of being very tough, readily available and several companies make an lsd for the trans. if you broke one you are either an extremely poor driver or you are making enough power to do wheelies in reverse.

LOOK.....!
Another pipe Dream Thread.
I love these
(subscribed for the lulz)

For the kind of money you're talking I'd consider getting an SBC and convert the car to RWD. I'd love to get 500 from my MSP but then again it would be easier to buy a JDM rotary motor and trans and convert to RWD to get the numbers I want. If you're looking at twincharging to kill turbo lag you might be better off getting a nitrous kit with a vac/press switch to control on and off...

I dont know why some of you are ragging on the car or trying to get me to start with another? A part is a part and each one is in the same price range even if your talking another car, but this is my car, the one I chose from the start with intentions of going at least stageII. Its not my only car, so I dont have any problem being patient on my build nor do I have any fears in destroying it. I am working on my tuning overhaul I've thought of since a boy, starting with an unassuming car.

As for trans, I dont mind cutting some metal so ill be looking into both suggestions

I dont know why some of you are ragging on the car or trying to get me to start with another? A part is a part and each one is in the same price range even if your talking another car, but this is my car, the one I chose from the start with intentions of going at least stageII. Its not my only car, so I dont have any problem being patient on my build nor do I have any fears in destroying it. I am working on my tuning overhaul I've thought of since a boy, starting with an unassuming car.

As for trans, I dont mind cutting some metal so ill be looking into both suggestions

I think all of us would love to see you create a serious MSP, just going to be pricey and labor intensive compared to starting with something else.

I have other cars I'm going to build (79 trans-am & a 71 mgb) and ill post some pics of them if anyone wants me to but my tuner is first, all the labor is my own and I'm pretty good at saving a buck.

I know there's a thread floating around here discussing whether it's possible to use the H-series trans from the F2T motor, which is known to be stronger than ours. I haven't kept up on it, but I think the general consensus is that it's feasible with a bit of custom work. How much is a "bit"? I guess that's the question :)

Custom mounting is the worst of it. Will require custom work to your crossmembers/subframes as they don't match up between G and H. My input? Not worth it. Axles aren't the same, will likely require swapping to Mazda GD hubs as well.

here is an idea you may or may not like

there is a guy on clubprotege.com that makes transmission adaptor plates for the toyota e153 to the mazda fe3

though i have never actually seen the two bolt patterns side by side, if a H series trans can fit on your FS like other are implying then this FE3 to E153 adaptor can as well.

the reason for swapping to an e153 trans is that they are easy enough to find in FWD varient from camry V6 vehicles and have a history of being extremely tough. many people also make lsds for e153

the downside is:

1. depending on how you mount everything up odds are you are going to have to "modify" either with a big hammer or properly cut and box the drivers side frame rail.
2. you would have to look into how to do the clutch/flywheel/pilot/throwout/starter. maybe it would be similar to how guys do the fe3 to e153 maybe its not. I have never actually had an FE3 so I could not tell you but there are several kiwis running e153 to fe3 and Im sure if you asked them they could tell you what to do.

the reason the e153 swap would be worth it in the long run is that the trans has a history of being very tough, readily available and several companies make an lsd for the trans. if you broke one you are either an extremely poor driver or you are making enough power to do wheelies in reverse.

TheRielDeal has a few E153 --> G-series adapters left as well. There's more G-series adapters than H-series adapters out there. The E153 doesn't break. Period. :)

I wanted to stay away from the gt30 just because I dont want just the'standard' build, I'm seriously considering a twin charge, talking to hkpro about the eaton chargers

Complicated for the sake of being complicated?

x2... by the way, when we say "deep pockets" we're talking $20k for a "sky's the limit" build. you might be able to do something pretty solid for $12, but if you dont have that, don't expect to break any records.

Keep a couple trannies around "just-in-case", lol. Call me old fashioned, but 230whp in the light nimble MSP, is fun.... GL

I'm most interested in the tranny solution that doesn't cost $5k like mine! And still needs another $2000 to be a complete par set-up with upgraded output shaft, crownwheel, bearing cups and mfactory lsd.

Most reason you don't go straight to .020" overbore is Mazda states .020" max considering how close the 2 inner cylinders are so if something happens down the road...no room for a rebore and NEW MOTOR TIME!

^^^ that's kind of my opinion as well. But hey, it's nice to have people willing to push some limits and try new things. You never know what kind fo useful nuggets might come up that benefit the rest of the community.

E153 setup if you shop around should be in the ballpark of $2000 or less.

There are several ways to ensure a better build than what you have planned. Shoot me a PM if you want help with your project.

TheRielDeal has a few E153 --> G-series adapters left as well. There's more G-series adapters than H-series adapters out there. The E153 doesn't break. Period.

I know he made mine but its for adapting BP to E153. some other guy does the FE3 to E153.

Back