micro tech lt 10 aux. wires

if your adapter is like mine, the software lets you muck around with the "virtual port" settings..

try dropping the baud rate...insuring you are emulating a port the MT software can speak to and so forth.

When I get home i'll check the laptop for my settings...

mazdaspeedwerx said:
that is one of my problems is that I can not get a connection between my laptop and micro tech. I went out and bought a usb serial adapter but for some reason that does not work. I also went to belkin.com to download the latest software for it but that did not help either.

you need a null modem cable for the link to work. make sure its the rite one cuz the null modem cable and serial cable look exactly the same.

Oh not sure if you are doing this or not mazdaspeedwerx - but you MUST have the microtech dongle in line.

Must must must.
It wont work with direct connection to the microtech...you must go dongle - cable - adapter - laptop.

and ignition on - don't forget ignition must be 'on' to connect!

but to be fair, the microtech doesn't have anything to do with the starter motor firing. this is a different problem altogether.

Last edited:
the adapter I have is a usb serial adapter. it says it's for palm and pockket pc handhelds. what is a dongle? the adapter that came with the m/t? I dont know what the hell dropping the baud rate means. I am not very computer savy. all I know how to do is get on this forum and talk to all of you fine people

mazdaspeedwerx said:
the adapter I have is a usb serial adapter. it says it's for palm and pockket pc handhelds. what is a dongle? the adapter that came with the m/t? I dont know what the hell dropping the baud rate means. I am not very computer savy. all I know how to do is get on this forum and talk to all of you fine people
The dongle is the the black adapter that came with your MT yeh...its got a serial plug thingo on either side - it stores your tunes, but it also seems to "decrypt" info coming off the MT.

Baud rate is bassically the speed the data is getting pumped over the line... try reducing it to something like 9600 or something....its all old school termonology thats still used with lap link cables and port speed etc.

if you go into your device manager, and bring up the properties for your adapter, and you should be able to play with stacks of things, such as what port you want it to emulate, port speed, etc etc.

But before you do that, if you havn't had the MT dongle plugged in while you are trying to connect to the laptop, or you dont have your key turned to ON, it wont connect....

I am going to ask a local guy if he will come over and check it out. he has the same ems except its an lt8. I am probally missing something very stupid. or I am just an idiot.

when the the key is turned to the on position. should there be 2 lights or one light? I have 2 a green and an orange before my car is started

er... i dont have 2 green lights

i have 1 green (power), 1 amber (which pulses, crank sensor thingy i think), and 1 red (error/warning)

can you post some photographs?

oh also, what series you got? I think, from what i worked out with a couple of friends, that the electrical system on the BJ2-J48 is somewhat different to the BJ and BJ2....

well I had my friend lend me his laptop and it connected to the m/t. so now I dont know what the hell to do. I used all the same cables and adapters. after I it connected with his I hooked mine up to it and nothing. I think I am just going to buy the handheld thing for this

mazdaspeedwerx said:
well I had my friend lend me his laptop and it connected to the m/t. so now I dont know what the hell to do. I used all the same cables and adapters. after I it connected with his I hooked mine up to it and nothing. I think I am just going to buy the handheld thing for this
uninstall then reinstall the drivers for your usb-serial adapter.

Then, try using a different usb port.

handheld full tune = painfully slow

you'll want the laptop in order to see all your fuel maps side by side etc

I have reinstalled my usb driver and m/t. I think my car and laptop have devised a plan to get back at me for all of the abuse that has been released upon them

mazdaspeedwerx said:
I have reinstalled my usb driver and m/t. I think my car and laptop have devised a plan to get back at me for all of the abuse that has been released upon them
haha

yeh

mine did that... 12 hours of looms in tatters, bits pulled off to get at certain places, broken things, blood sweat and tears.....then i went to start the thing and it wouldn't go :p

seems odd that your friend's laptop works but yours doesn't....

mazdaspeedwerx said:
yeah for some reason I am not able to load pics from my camera either. so my laptop must be messed up somewhere
Sounds like the USB controller is screwed..

I'd reinstall windows

then apply all the current hot fixes (if its XP, roll it upto SP2 etc)....

Then get the latest device drivers from the laptop's manufacturer...

might solve a few probs

if I knew how to do any of that I might try it. I started messing around with some stuff and now I have some things running off windows 2000 and I have windows xp. I just need to give it someone that knows what they are doin

do I need this? and where does it go?

Attachments

• 100_0422.jpg
    100_0422.jpg
    223.9 KB · Views: 71
Yeh man...thats your fuel pump relay :)

its used to switch the fuel pump on and off...refer to the microtech owners manual

Back