Met someone that works for Mazda Corp.

krillin

:
'05 Mitsubishi Lancer Special Ralliart Limited OZ Rally Edition
hey,

i was on my way home from work and i saw a mazda mp3 and a mazdaspeed protege (spicy orange) parked together. i parked my black msp on front of the blue mp3 and went to find out who owned the 2 cars.

i met two really cool guys, victor and arnold. victor works for mazda logistics department and arnold(ACruzR) is a member of this forum. small world eh?

anyway, it so happened that victor was borrowing the orange msp for the weekend (he normally drives a miata). he filled me in with some pretty good information about the car, like the 2003.5 msp's and stuff.

also, they both also informed me that if the msp is driven hard for a long time that you should actually let the car run idle for 3-5 min, depending on how hard you drive the car. arnold mentioned something about how you gotta let the oil circulate because the car gets really really hot. if you don't let it idle for a sufficient period of time then you're gonna ruin your car.

arnold is going to fax or email me a list of ALL the msp's with their production number so i'll try to post it on this forum sometime soon.

the next SOCAL meet we have i'll make sure to bring them along. should be pretty sweet.

oh, and victor lives down the street from me. :D

and they wanna meet steph (SpicyMSP) :p

maybe thats why my car was flippin out after I filled up at that gas station, I was in a hurry so I turned of the car, filled up and then bounced. I had been driving pretty hard too previous to filling up, doh!

Well they are in luck , THe next meet is tomorrow.
Why do they want to meet me?

i told them there was a meet tomorrow but i forgot what they said. i think they were doing something else tomorrow.

he basically told me what we already knew, like how many more msp's are being released and in which colors. victor told me that the reason they took out the fogs was because they didn't want the mazdaspeed to look like a wrx, but he still likes the 03's with the fogs more.

uhm...the msp(in general) was supposed to be a 2 yr project but they crammed it into 6-8 months, delays were caused by companies that required a certain amt of time to get parts ready, they won't be releasing any more msp's after the new ones come out. that's all i really remember. we spoke for about 20 min or so. they liked the tint that i had on my car. i'll probably take some pics tomorrow or after the next time i wash my car.

well, they didn't really say they wanted to meet steph. they were really surprised that i mentioned that a girl owned a msp. well, i'm gonna watch a movie.

strawberry mochi owns you! (moon) (spank) (owned)

yes, they mentioned the a silver and blue color.

Hey guys. I just sent krillin a PM. What I said about the cool down was incorrect. The MSP turbo is a water-cooled turbo. So the 45 seconds given by manufacturing is about right. Give a little more for quick starts and fast acceleration. Though it won't hurt to let it cool down even more.

<a href=http://www1.mazdausa.com/mazdaspeed/driving_tech/dt_engine_callaway.asp#garrett>MSP turbo info<a>

Last edited:
With ANY turbo car you want to idle it a couple mins before you shut it off IF you have driven it hard and just pulled into your garage, store, whatever. It is because oil helps cool down the turbo and if you turn it off the turbo is still really hot and the oil just sits there baking it. This will ruin your turbo in no time. That's why people get a turbo timer or you could be like me and just listen to a song or half of one as your personal turbo timer. Important thing for a turbo car is that you give it ample time to warm up and cool down.

guys, that's why they make turbo timers....

to let your tiny little turbo that's been spinning at many thousands or rpms cool down a bit before it completly goes to room temp. Quick changes in temperatures is not good for metas in general.. it can cause a lot of bult in stress (causes cracking)

Did ol' Arnie tell you if there was going to be a Mazdaspeed Protege5? I'll be pissed if it comes out next year that I didn't wait a year.

ACruzR said:
Hey guys. I just sent krillin a PM. What I said about the cool down was incorrect. The MSP turbo is a water-cooled turbo. So the 45 seconds given by manufacturing is about right. Give a little more for quick starts and fast acceleration. Though it won't hurt to let it cool down even more.

aha! we've got a live one! a Mazda corporate guy that is!

nothing was mentioned about a msprotege5. i'm actually about to email victor right now about the production # list.

Last edited:
sure, u can kiss my butt if you want...lil benny

Back