Megasquirt 2 EMS Guide for FS-DE 98+

that's a lot of work. and I'm pretty sure the vss in the trans goes to the ECU as well, I'm not certain. just keep the stock ECU. all you need an ms for is fuel and ignition, and idle if you want to adjust that.

I am not. I have sc plates. And could I still get rid if most of the wiring? I'm just looking for a cheaper alternative to a haltech....

the megasquirt will definitely be a good choice. the easiest install is to just do a parrallel install. you have all the benefits of a standalone, and the stock ECU to control the dash, alternator, a/c

Hmmm may have to think about it. Cause I'm not running any egr, would like to delete a few things out of the harness as well. Am I able to do that with running in parallel?

You'd have to fool the EGR boost sensor into thinking the EGR is working for the PCM to not throw a CEL. I gave it some thought, because I would like to get rid of EGR as well, and while anything is possible, this one might be kind of hard. The manual states exactly what pressure it is looking for so you'd have to fake the signal. I think I put some details on one of Pope's threads, probably the one for his exhaust manifold. The MS can be tweaked to do just about anything, but it is not for the faint of heart.

Other than that, I don't see any disadvantage in running parallel. Since you don't care about emissions, there isn't really a point in the CEL itself anyway, so you could just remove the bulb.

Glad to see at least a little more interest in the MS. That being said, my MS is still sensors only until I have a new daily driver and I don't need it to get me to work.

So it looks like ll be running after market cams with aftermarket adjustable cam gears. how does the ms read for timing? I'm just gonna run parallel with a ms3 setup me thinks.

Huge thanks for this. I'm not actually using the Megasquirt, I have a Wolf EMS, but I've been having a hell of a time getting it to idle correctly. Most of the principles appear to be similar and this should help me out with getting the idle speed controls working. One of the big ones is I couldn't for the life of me figure out what hz the PWM was supposed to run at. I read somewhere it should be 120hz, which probably explains why I have a dead one now.

Never heard of Wolf EMS. Just looked it up, what made you decide to go with this? Australia is a long ways away.

Good evening,

My project is a Mazda MX6 R4 16V (FS01) and I have the engine converted in part to FSDE.
Now I have the ignition coil (COP Wasted Spark) of the Mazda Protege 2.0 / Mazda Premacy.
It is controlled via a Megasquirt 3 (V3.0) with MS3X-Board and I am now just before the first start.
However, I noticed that my OEM Mazda LLS (2polig/PWM) is permanently activated even at "ignition on." But it should not run continuously, even without engine start.

leerlaufreglereinstellung342057.jpg

http://www.mx6hosting.de/upload/2013_08/leerlaufreglereinstellung342057.jpg

I have also the problem that the coils are very very hot after a short time. It is only switched on the ignition. At the ignition coils located on permanent 12V (black/white colored wire), ground (black/red colored wire and 5V (black/yellow or white/blue) on the signal line permanently.
My information is that I need "going low" in the ignition settings.
When the engine starts, a spark is present.

z_ndeintellung_mx6467119.jpg

http://www.mx6hosting.de/upload/2013_08/z_ndeintellung_mx6467119.jpg

Moreover, the injectors has a constant voltage of 10V at "Ignition on". The OEM ECU switched the Injectors for only a short time.
Therefore, the injectors were always open :-(

Actually there is no ground to the injectors when no engine speed is present. Is there a problem with engine speed settings?

Last edited:
guys, this is awesome information.
thanks to the OP for sharing.
i am already in the process of buying the megasquirt parts and assembling myself.
i do have a quetsion though..
what is the V3.57 board?
is that something else i need to buy besides the 3.0?

all i cna find about 3.578 is bering a daughter card and also being MS3...

Can someone please repost the pictures for the settings on the megasquirt. I just got one and I need that info.

Latest posts

Back