me new box

man.. you should get a truck.. and just make the whole bed a box for some big ass friggin sub.. that would be cooooooooooooool

MisterT said:
Looks nice GW. Was it a b**** to get in your trunk?

lol, you have no idea;) i assembled it outside my trunk, disassembled it, then reassembled and glued it in the trunk. the top piece and sub have to be installed together, but not secured together because of how it has to be manuevered into the trunk. major PITA, since the sub and top plate weigh about 90 lbs:eek:

chino said:
[PirateVoice] Arrgh matey I stopped into check out the thread "Me New Box", tis a vast treasure chest ye have amassed in the trunk!!! All the winchs shall flock to ye olde whip [/PirateVoice]

lol, yeah, i was in a hurry and wasn't thinking right this morning:D

servoeyes said:

Anywho. An upward firing ported box...what...no bandpass? For SHAME! Actually thet thing looks really sick, and I bet it's "retardedly loud!" Dammit...now I have to build that ported box for my system... ;)

lol, nope, no bandpass, that would require 8-10 cu ft, not including port displacement:eek: maybe in the future i'll see about incorporating my entire trunk as the enclosure and build a 6th order BP out of it.

RyanJayG said:
now you need to fix your sig pic to reflect the new monster in your trunk

yeah, i need to redo it now:D

so i was testing things today. for daily driving and 1500 watts the 18 is doing a 140.34 dB on the term lab meter. with it tuned higher to 55 hz it did a 142.47. i need to crank up the power on it;) i also need to direct the sound waves from going down into the spare tire well and behind the wheel wells. not to mention i need to secure the trunk lid better. the sides move over half an inch:eek: i'm trying to decide between linear acutators or soleniods. the soleniods would cost less, though;)

Back