Mazda Protege Owner Photos

I wouldn't put anything wider than a 225 on a 17" rim. And with that high of an offset (and a minimal drop), you shouldn't need to roll your fenders.

thanks for the input! so you think i should be fine running 225/35s without a roll? i was thinking of going 215/40s, but would really like something wider, as there's this dinan5 that parks near me that runs 245/40 18s in the front and 275/35 18s in the rear, and let me tell you,THAT'S sexy set-up!!! oh btw, my wheels are 17x7 with a +40 offset, IIRC......

yup, i just checked, i have 205/40's on mine too...but unfortuneatly mine still have (still as in when i bought them) the Toyo Proxes that came OEM with the MSM...

hopefully i can tear through them this summer so i can get some real nice and sticky tires!

i'd probably go with a 215/45 when i get new rubber.

i loved the toyo proxes r-28s that were OEM on the MSMs, and was actually pretty sad to hear that toyo had discontinued them! i'm actually finding the yoko's to be an excellent substitute, though....i believe that 215/45s are standard size on the MSP's and the extra sidewall height might be a good compromise if you don't want the ride to be too harsh.

thanks for the input! so you think i should be fine running 225/35s without a roll? i was thinking of going 215/40s, but would really like something wider, as there's this dinan5 that parks near me that runs 245/40 18s in the front and 275/35 18s in the rear, and let me tell you,THAT'S sexy set-up!!! oh btw, my wheels are 17x7 with a +40 offset, IIRC......

225/35 should be fine, but 225 might be a bit wide in the rear. Might need a mild fender roll. You have less fender clearance in the rear quarter panels. You can see the exact offset stamped on the back of the wheel, to be sure.

DSCN1738.jpg

DSCN1678.jpg

yeah i actually didn't want emm soo dark but when we spray them a big gust of wind came n blew grass on one of the lights so i jist ran it out and hada doo emm both really dark lol

haha yeah i can't figure out how to jist post the vid FB=LAME lol that vid is funny tho cuz my boi was recordin the whole time haha and around 120 my windsheild wiper jist flipped up haa

I don't think this server lets your imbed vids... I think it would crash. Seeing as it crashes every few days anyways, lol.

i don't want to see you talk about street racing again on the forums; if you are going to race do it on the track, then you can talk about it.

thanks

Last edited:
Back