Mazda Protege Owner Photos

and just because silver is the same color as stockers, that doesnt mean it looks bad. silver would look very good in this case.

some quick shots i took lastnight wit my phone
SSPX0607.jpg

SSPX0608.jpg

SSPX0609.jpg

i'm plannin on changin it so i feel there's not point to waste the time/money to do this one.. plus everytime i do end up wanting to do it other s*** comes up.. the world is against me haha but i will eventually

After installing the 2005 Mazdaspeed Miata Racing Harts and Eibach Prokit/Tokico HD suspension kit:

May16OpenHouseandProtege018.jpg

May16OpenHouseandProtege026.jpg

After installing the Mazdaspeed axelback exhaust and AEM SRI:

July2010BrentwoodProtege033.jpg

July2010BrentwoodProtege040.jpg

July2010BrentwoodProtege034.jpg

Last edited:
can we be twins??? i'm just glad i'm not the only one rocking the 05 MSM's!

lol

(what tire size do you have tho?)

69c58c60.jpg

can we be twins??? i'm just glad i'm not the only one rocking the 05 MSM's!

lol

(what tire size do you have tho?)

first of all, kevin, it's just GREAT to see another protege rocking the '05 MSM rims!!! i got this almost-new set locally with the original 205/40r 17" toyo r-28's still on them, and let me tell you, those tires stuck to the road like velcro! i would have bought another set had toyo not discontinued that model, but i'm pretty happy with the yokohama parada spec-2's that are currently on it - also in the same size.

May16OpenHouseandProtege022.jpg

i'd like to run wider tires in the future w/o having to roll my fenders, though...any idea what size tire i should be looking for? i was thinking of going up to 215/40 or 225/35. 245/35 might be the widest i can run, but aside from being too expensive and hard to find, i'm not quite sure it'll fit the 17 x 7 racing harts.

-ron

Last edited:
i'd like to run wider tires in the future w/o having to roll my fenders, though...any idea what size tire i should be looking for? i was thinking of going up to 215/40 or 225/35. 245/35 might be the widest i can run, but aside from being too expensive and hard to find, i'm not quite sure it'll fit the 17 x 7 racing harts.

-ron

I wouldn't put anything wider than a 225 on a 17" rim. And with that high of an offset (and a minimal drop), you shouldn't need to roll your fenders.

yup, i just checked, i have 205/40's on mine too...but unfortuneatly mine still have (still as in when i bought them) the Toyo Proxes that came OEM with the MSM...

hopefully i can tear through them this summer so i can get some real nice and sticky tires!

i'd probably go with a 215/45 when i get new rubber.

Back