Mazda Connect Firmware 74.00.230A (now .324A)

@ASH8 I also sent you a DM. Thanks in advance!
My intention is to add CarPlay functionality to my 2017 CX5 (firmware version 59.00.502). Does anyone have insight (and a link!) to quality hardware for the USB hub?
Thx!

Hello- I have a 2018 CX-5 and am looking for firmware update. I currently have 59.*** version, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hi all, will be looking to update the UK (EU) firmware soon on my 2017 Mazda 3 in order to use Android Auto. As soon as I can I'll get the current version.

@ASH8 Thank you so much for the information and update. Followed instructions to a tee and everything worked perfectly for my Mazda CX-9 (2019) system upgrade. I did this because Android Auto wouldn't work on our Samsung S23 phones and after upgrade, it still appeared it didn't work, but after a few minutes the option for Android Auto was no longer grayed out in the Settings and I was able to select it and now it works great. Finally!! Also, I was only upgrading from 74.00.311 to .324, so all the radio settings retained afterwards which was nice.

Si quieres archivos míos debes enviarme un mensaje privado, un mensaje privado o un mensaje citando lo siguiente...

Necesito saber qué número de versión COMPLETA se utiliza ahora en el automóvil.

1. Vaya a la pantalla táctil roja 'AJUSTES',
2. Desplazamiento lateral hasta la carpeta superior derecha 'SYSTEM',
Desplácese hacia abajo hasta 'ACERCA DE'
3. Toque 'Información de la versión'.
Se revelan los números de versión COMPLETOS y las letras de región,
A continuación, envíe SÓLO una imagen de los detalles de esta pantalla.
Dime también en qué país se conduce tu Mazda.
@ASH8 te envió un inbox. saludos
Cx5 2019 Peru
La versión OS es 70.00.100 4A N
Información de ersió
La Versión de la DB de Música es
La versión de Fail Safe es 70.00.100

Thank you so much @ASH8
Info for those updating the firmware, if the update file isn't found when trying to initiate the update try a different USB stick, I had to try 3 before finding one that was recognised and the update file was found.

Please note the OP has directly copied my files in his first post, but I can not amend it.

There has been a change in what Version Numbers to now Install and this depends on what Version is currently running in your Mazda today.

Install Procedure...
(All Mazda Models already on Stage 2 .up firmware in use).

IF YOUR MAZDA HAS FIRMWARE VERSION ON or BELOW
55.00.600 NA N for North America, or,
56.00.000 EU N or 4A N for Europe/UK , or Australia, Asia, NZ, Oceania Middle East.
LIKE 31.00.100 or 41.00.000 or 55.00.000 (NA N) or 56.00.000A (EU N or 4A N).
THEN YOU MUST UPDATE with Version Number 70.00.100A First!.
THIS IS A TWO (2) FILE INSTALLATION FOR YOUR REGION or COUNTRY.

70.00.100A-FAILSAFE.UP (First)
Then next Install (one after the other do not remove the USB Flash Drive).
70.00.100A-REINSTALL.UP (Last)

Warning...!!!
DO NOT TURN OFF/ON or START ENGINE BETWEEN THIS
TWO FILE UPDATE, you INSTALL ONE after THE OTHER
DO NOT REMOVE USB FLASH DRIVE.

AFTER INSTALL use YOUR ''CONNECT'' in CAR FOR A FEW MINUTES, THEN SHUTDOWN CAR FOR THE LAST FINAL VERSION TO INSTALL.

Next you MUST do final and last below.....
----------------------------------------------------------

Your FINAL Install Procedure is now Only a 1 (one) File Installation...
(All Mazda Models with .up Firmware use)

IF YOUR MAZDA HAS .up FIRMWARE VERSION ON or ABOVE
55.00.650A
(NA N) or the 56.00.100A (EU N or 4A N) or 58.00.310A
or Any 59.00.502A or 59.00.650A,
or Any 70's Firmware like 70.00.021A, 70.00.100A or 70.00.110 or
70.00.150A or 70.00.335C or 70.00.367A or 74.00.230A or 74.00.311A
THEN YES YOU CAN UPDATE Directly to 74.00.324A for LATEST FIRMWARE.

This is now a SINGLE FILE (1) ONLY INSTALLATION for
YOUR REGION or COUNTRY,

MUST USE EITHER ONE of...

NA N_74.00.324A-UPDATE.UP (North America ONLY)
or
EU N_74.00.324A -UPDATE.UP (Europe/UK)
or
4A N_74.00.311A-UPDATE.UP (ADR, AU. NZ, ME, Asia) (74.00.324A 4A N (ADR) is not yet available)

THIS IS THE LATEST GENUINE FIRMWARE CURRENTLY AVAILABLE
FROM MAZDA JAPAN As Of December 30th, 2022.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALL 7x.00.xxxx FIRMWARE INCLUDES the Software for
CAR PLAY + ANDROID-AUTO....But...

For the CP/AA CONVERSION TO ACTUALLY WORK IN YOUR MAZDA
You MUST HAVE THE TWO ''GENUINE MAZDA PARTS'' INSTALLED
AFTER any 7X.00.XXXX is installed and or WORKING in YOUR CAR FIRST.

THERE ARE NO SHORT CUTS or OTHER BRAND PARTS...None, DO NOT ASK.

YOU MUST PURCHASE and INSTALL the TWO GENUINE MAZDA PARTS LAST.

DO NOT INSTALL THESE NEW PARTS FIRST or BEFORE ANY 70s FIRMWARE OTHERWISE YOU WILL HAVE TO REMOVE THE NEW PARTS RE-INSTALL THE OLD PARTS AND THEN START AGAIN.

YOU CAN NOT SEPARATE THIS CARPLAY and or ANDROID-AUTO
AS THEY ARE BOTH INSTALLED WITH all 7x.00.xxx FIRMWARE.

CARPLAY and ADROID-AUTO WILL NEVER WORK WITHOUT THE
TWO ''GENUINE MAZDA PARTS'' Finally INSTALLED Last...PERIOD.

Hello! How can I get the link to download the version 74.x 4AN. Thanks in advance!

Good day everyone. May I ask for a download link of Mazda Connect firmware version 74.00.324A 4A N (ADR). Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

This is my experience.

I contacted ASH8 directly and sent 2 things as instructed:
1. A picture of my firmware version
2. Country where the car is driven

ASH8 was kind enough to send me the download link in 20 minutes.
I suggest following the same procedure to get the firmware.

Good news: I upgraded my firmware version to 74.00.324A . :)
Bad news: No new features. I incorrectly assumed that I would get more features with same hardware - like autolocking of doors when driving. Seems like my vehicle lacks the ability to change this function.

Bad news: No new features. I incorrectly assumed that I would get more features with same hardware - like autolocking of doors when driving. Seems like my vehicle lacks the ability to change this function.
These updates do not commonly provide significant new features, but rather bug fixes and minor updates. Every once in a while there may be a feature improvement, but usually it's just software maintenance.

Thanks to ASH8 for the files.

Did have one question for anyone who may know. I've disabled my touchscreen due to having a ghosting issue and had no intention of ever hooking the ribbon back up. Can this be done with just the knob?

ETA: Found a reddit comment and later a YouTube video that shows you can do it with just the knob. Turning the knob get you to the numbers (that was probably obvious) but pressing down on the knob is "Enter".

Not sure if I can share links but you can search "Updating Mazda Connect firmware with touchscreen malfunction" on Youtube to find the video.

Last edited:
Hi @ASH8,

I'm looking for updating my 2019 Mazda MX5 from "70.00.367 EU N" to "74.00.324A EU N". Could you please share the firmware with me?

I sent you the details needed in a DM.

Thank you for your support!

Last edited:
Back