Mazda 3 audio inputs

I bought my PIE module from Discountcarstereo.com along with the appropriate Alpine cable (KCM-123B). I think the bill came to about $200CDN, but that's for the PIE module and the cable and taxes. Consider the alternative, Alpine Canada knows nothing about that cable and no car audio stores stock them and the PIE module is impossible to find locally.

you might be able to snag one here, but it will cost more. i am trying to get one from logjam since discount car stereo has no idea when they will have them in stock again.

Sorry, this is supported only for B-series trucks. My fault.

i was wondering... do you thiunk i could take out my head ubit and put in a cassette adapter into the cassette player cord first, then feed the wire out through the ash tray???

Front Panel Dismantling

Hi,

Does anyone have info on how to dismantle the front panel inorder to put the PIE in?

Are there problems doing this with NAV?

Shouldn't be. You should be able to use any of the aux input methods listed here with any configuration (Bose, NAV, DIS) HU.

Ckotsis, Check out this walkthrough on the auxmod install. It shows how to remove the HU to install stuff. Same process, just plugging into a different plug.

Last edited:
I ended up getting the Audio Link iPod Integration Kit for Mazda sold by RPM for under $110 and it works just fine - no static, no alternator whine.

Back