lowered mpg with intake

:
2007 Black MS6GT
with cobb intake and inlet pipe i am experiencing some lower gas mileage, i am not driving the car any different, i am getting about 200 miles per fillup now, 93 oct, i usually never go below 270-300miles per fillup, it happens if i turn the car off at half a tank, turn in back on and i'm down 1/4th. i thought an intake should improve gas mileage? i plan on getting an AP to bring the car up to date with it's fuel usage, but am i running rich and pulling fuel as of now? would resetting the battery again help?

it always takes a tank or two for your car to relearn fuel trims. i would say to give it another tank, see if it comes back up.

also possible that you got a bad tank. did you fill up at the same location you always do? were there any changes to the formula (new stickers about ethanol or nitrogen)

honestly i fill up at every different place as long as they have 93, constantly all over the place and filling up a different places not like i have a choice, never had a tank this quick though, no more exxon for me. damn 1 dollar charges on my card make me think im cool then whack overdraft. would an octane booster or gas treatment help?

the only real way to calculate mileage is by actually doing the math. I am averaging around 20-21 with mixed driving and up to 26 when on trips...

But just as wannabe said you should wait for it to get used to the new set up. It could all come back. But more air means you need more fuel so it could go down a little....

Back