Lost my SD card for the nav

Have a 2013 CX-9. Thought I would update the SD card with latest maps. Removed the card, and it ran away between the car and the house. (hand)

Called Mazda, and they want $230 for a replacement. That's insane. Anyone know where I can get one cheaper? Alternatively, could I use a copy of someone's and put it on an SD card I have? I'd be glad to provide an FTP to upload the files to. Or, if you're in the Houston area, I could come to you to copy the SD card?

Thanks,
Lyn

Have a 2013 CX-9. Thought I would update the SD card with latest maps. Removed the card, and it ran away between the car and the house. (hand)

Called Mazda, and they want $230 for a replacement. That's insane. Anyone know where I can get one cheaper? Alternatively, could I use a copy of someone's and put it on an SD card I have? I'd be glad to provide an FTP to upload the files to. Or, if you're in the Houston area, I could come to you to copy the SD card?

Thanks,
Lyn

Not sure posting here with requests for copyright violations is going to get you too far. In car nav updates typically cost 200-300 per pop. You might want to try eBay.

Not sure posting here with requests for copyright violations is going to get you too far. In car nav updates typically cost 200-300 per pop. You might want to try eBay.

Not sure how this would constitute a copyright violation? I paid for the card with the SW, and it came with free nav updates. It's merely 0's and 1's on a generic SD card. Honestly, for $230 that the dealer wants for a replacement, you can buy several top of the line nav units with free lifetime updates, more features, and that work FAR better than the in-car nav. However, as this is the wife's truck, she would like her crappy, unbelievably-slow, outdated nav system working again.(bicker)

I however, just want to get an SD card so she stops complaining about it.

Not sure how this would constitute a copyright violation? I paid for the card with the SW, and it came with free nav updates. It's merely 0's and 1's on a generic SD card. Honestly, for $230 that the dealer wants for a replacement, you can buy several top of the line nav units with free lifetime updates, more features, and that work FAR better than the in-car nav. However, as this is the wife's truck, she would like her crappy, unbelievably-slow, outdated nav system working again.(bicker)

I however, just want to get an SD card so she stops complaining about it.

Probably your best bet is to place a WTB (Want to buy) ad in the classifieds here... I am sure somebody who upgraded from the crappy, unbelievably-slow, outdated nav system, would love to find someone to take their SD card from them. Being copy protected and serialized, I have yet to hear of anyone being able to simply COPY the card successfully.

Latest posts

Back