Lost a tyre!?

definately try to get it fixed first. if the tyre isnt noticeably damage they can usually be repaired. heaps cheaper too

Hey cloudland, I've been researching tyres around and alot of tyre shops has told me that Goodyear Eagle F1's are a really loud tyre. I've always been recommended to the Yokohama's or the Toyo's.

haha, thanks syd speed, that made me smile.

the T1-s is only a bit loud when driving over 90km and it's probably something to do with the over-taxed and under-funded kiwi road. btw, it got heaps of grip, just won't let slip. the tyres completely outrun the suspension.

the tread of eagles do look more refined in my eyes, somehow.

here's a pic i took the other day, my sp20 with t1-s besides a gt-r with eagles.

Attachments

• IMG_8333.jpg
    IMG_8333.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 73
oops, no offence taken. been driving for less than 5 years, this is the first time i have to change tyres. did try to figure out the other day, but no luck. maybe it's the dirt under the car made the marks difficult to see.

anyway, that tyre is history. there is a puncture on the shoulder which instantly reminds me of a "non repairable area" pic i saw. the shop owner said it's very difficult to repair on that part.

also there is another wound on the rim protector.

i did hit a hand-sized stone with that tyre a few weeks ago (construction sites and inconsiderate trunks everywhere), still no idea what caused that puncture exactly. i even examined the ground the other day at the gas station.

ended up with a new tyre, luckily had an on call job yesterday, had to work the ars off me to make it up.

the rubber on T1-S is rather soft, or maybe just because it's new? i had the stock Yoko A460 on the spare, 35 psi is a nightmare with it, bumping all the way to the shop.

Attachments

• IMG_8502.jpg
    IMG_8502.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_8506.jpg
    IMG_8506.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_8505.jpg
    IMG_8505.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
Back