Looking at some Enkei RSO5 wheels

MShreve

:
2006 MazdaSpeed6
What do you guys think of the Enkei RSO5 18x7.5" wheels? I really like the look and the fact that they weigh less than stock (19.15 lbs each). I'm leaning towards the silver ones.

Does anybody have pictures of these on an MS6? With or without lowering springs is fine. I didn't see any in the wheel thread.

I'm also open to any suggestions if people know of a similar looking wheel that's even lighter and/or less expensive.

Thanks!

Anybody? I'm looking for forged 18x7.5 wheels with >7 symmetrical spokes in silver. The lighter weight the better.

I wonder when polymere wheels will hit the market? I did a little research and it looks like they've been testing them since 2001, but I still can't find that they're available for sale anywhere. Probably way more expensive than forged alloy, but <15lbs a wheel would be awesome.

I think they look awesome...I am in the process of looking at wheels to buy and had no clue these would be that expensive!
How much do the stock wheels weigh?

I think they look awesome...I am in the process of looking at wheels to buy and had no clue these would be that expensive!
How much do the stock wheels weigh?

Yeah, they are pretty spendy. I'm still looking for something similar that's lighter weight and cheaper, but no luck yet. It seems that the majority of wheel dealers don't have any idea how much their wheels weigh. So I've been having to do a lot of cross referencing.

I wish Volk made some more styles. Some of theirs are really light, but they have very limited selection.

The stock wheels are 23.5lbs each.

Last edited:
Ya..i'm making a list a wheels i've found. I'll let you know if i find anything similar that's lighter and cheaper than that

lighter and cheaper? let us all know when you find that. (lol)

i think those wheels would look great. but they are expensive. i like the style a lot. i think it would def look good on a ms6. as a matter of fact dont get em cuz i want em now...haha, J/k!

Lol, I should have said "lighter and/or cheaper". I'd settle for either at this point. I've been browsing wheel sites for 2 weeks now and haven't found anything good. They're either way more expensive or way heavier.

Maybe I'm just too picky.

I did find these:
ATS%20DTM.jpg

But good luck finding an ATS dealer in the US. They're only .05 lbs lighter than the Enkei's and are slightly more expensive.

I think I like the looks of the Enkei's better.

I bought a set of EVO X wheels for 700 with tires. They weigh 22 lbs. a piece.

I just now realized the relevance of this post. Thanks for the suggestion! Those are pretty close to the style I want. But the offset is less than 40 isn't it? Do they fit good? Pics?

1.5 lbs lighter per wheel is a good start, especially at that price.

Check this link out: http://www.wheelweights.net sort the list by size then print out the 18x7.5 section - might help you save some time cross referencing.

Unfortunately there is no information about bolt spacing, offset, appearance etc.

Yep, that's what I've been doing...I dumped their list into excel and used google to fill in the missing info (looks, spacing, offset, etc). But thanks for the suggestion!

I wish more wheel sites had "sort by weight" options. I've found a few that do, but most don't even bother publishing weight specs.

What I'm quickly figuring out is that silver/natural is becoming a rare finish and rims that weigh less than 20 lbs are usually pretty damn ugly. lol

Have you looked at rotas? I know they've got a few styles that might fit your desire, and are relatively inexpensive and usually lighter than stock. Wheeldude on here is the guy to talk to about those.

i've heard/read bad things ab out rota's. google "broken/busted/destroyed rota's" and you'll find bunches of pick.

i agree that most light weight wheels are ugly. its a fine balance of form vs. function.
how bout enkei rpf1's. super light weight. and might not look bad on the speed 6. i'm considering them my self.

i've heard/read bad things ab out rota's. google "broken/busted/destroyed rota's" and you'll find bunches of pick.

i agree that most light weight wheels are ugly. its a fine balance of form vs. function.
how bout enkei rpf1's. super light weight. and might not look bad on the speed 6. i'm considering them my self.

I've also seen all the 'bad Rota' threads. It was a QC issue a while back and they've since cleaned up their act.

RPF1's are pretty good looking, but I'd personally get them PC'ed. There's a white one on here that's got a set of them in silver, the best looking combo of RPF1s to date IMO.

Have you looked at rotas? I know they've got a few styles that might fit your desire, and are relatively inexpensive and usually lighter than stock. Wheeldude on here is the guy to talk to about those.

I have looked at the Rota P1's. I do like the price and the weight, but I don't like that the spokes have quite a bit of convex curvature to them.

The Enkei RFP1's aren't bad looking either, but they're not symmetrical spokes.

Thanks for the suggestions though. I'll just keep looking. I'm not in a hurry, but I would like to have some new wheels by next spring so that I won't have to get the studded tires removed off the stock rims again after winter's over.

I've also seen all the 'bad Rota' threads. It was a QC issue a while back and they've since cleaned up their act.

RPF1's are pretty good looking, but I'd personally get them PC'ed. There's a white one on here that's got a set of them in silver, the best looking combo of RPF1s to date IMO.

Ditto. I've got Rotas on my MS6 and they have survived Michigan roads. Trust me... they are easily in the top 10 worst in the US. More potholes than the moon has craters.

I've got Rota GR-A/Tarmac II
http://www.machiii.net/wheels/groupa.html
http://www.wheeldude.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=335_336_409

and wouldn't mind getting a set of G-Force
http://www.wheeldude.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=335_336_395&osCsid=c4b3530f4fdd4043aad42ffd22090d19

or SVN
http://www.wheeldude.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=335_336_408

But if you still can "risk" Rotas... how about ADVAN RS or RZ?

http://www.machiii.net/wheels/AVS/RS.htm

Last edited:
Back