J&S Safeguard install Help for TPS wire

shane02pro5

25ish_psi
:
New Caney TX
Well the instructions sound simple enough but for the TPS signal the J&S is saying to tap into my 02 signal wire, which with my Haltech F10 both 02 signal wires are run to +12 for constant open loop at over 30% throttle and under that my PLX wideband 0-1v signal runs into the Haltech for closed loop. My haltech also taps into the "TPS Signal wire pin 89" I would assume this is where to also tap in for my J&S or do I need to tap into my wideband 02 signal???
Anyone help please!!

Thanks
Shane

You can run it without the TPS. I only have the coils, power, ground and the vacuum source hooked up. The TPS pin on the ECU is 89, in case you didn't know.

Bigg Tim said:
You can run it without the TPS. I only have the coils, power, ground and the vacuum source hooked up. The TPS pin on the ECU is 89, in case you didn't know.
you can even do without the vacuum if you want. Coils, power and ground here. But Tim and I will both say, that this unit is worth its weight in gold.

The vacuum source is just so it disregards everything before 5 inHg of vacuum. And OH YEAH it definatly worth it!

Got it in and running.Thanks for all your input. I was very surprised not to see anything happening on my LED so this morning when I got to work I rev'ed it a little and tapped on the sensor with a steel rod a little and heard it do it's thing, so I guess I'm good to go. I have it turned up very sensitive to about 3 o'clock and nothing when rappin it out a little in any gear. Since blowing my tranny about 6 months ago this is the first weekend I've actually gotten on it hard. Man it sure feels good!!

shane02pro5 said:
Got it in and running.Thanks for all your input. I was very surprised not to see anything happening on my LED so this morning when I got to work I rev'ed it a little and tapped on the sensor with a steel rod a little and heard it do it's thing, so I guess I'm good to go. I have it turned up very sensitive to about 3 o'clock and nothing when rappin it out a little in any gear. Since blowing my tranny about 6 months ago this is the first weekend I've actually gotten on it hard. Man it sure feels good!!
Sweet.(2thumbs) I hope to get one of these soon.(Just gotta get some money together) Once I do don't be suprised if I send ya a couple of pm's with some questions.(If you don't mind):)

Cornholio

The TPS output has been modified to clamp the O2 signal to 0.5v when the vacuum is less than 5 inches.

No wires to cut. Just splice the output to the O2 signal wire.

John at J&S said:
Cornholio

The TPS output has been modified to clamp the O2 signal to 0.5v when the vacuum is less than 5 inches.

No wires to cut. Just splice the output to the O2 signal wire.

lol Cornholio, gawd I miss those guys

Back