Subwoofer and amplifier install (2023 CX-5 Preferred)

I know this type of post probably shows up numerous times a week, I just traded my 15 cx5 for a 2023 preferred. ive done alot of subwoofer and amp installs and none have driven me nuts like this current one. I planned on using a add a fuse in the interior fuse panel. after trying a few that i thought were obviously switched power and finding out they werent i started digging online and found that all the interior fuses are constant, or thats what i gathered. I now have my remote lead in the engine bay and im running into the same issue. i dont have access to a multi meter at the moment, i just want to know which fuse is switched. and if there isnt one where i can tap into to get a switched signal for my remote wire. im currently using the Scosche LOC80, it doesnt have the remote option.

NOTE: Take this with a 'pinch of salt'! I do not have the info for your CX-5, but until/unless someone responds, the following is a list of ACC/Ignition-On power fuses for my '23 CX-50. I doubt these are exactly the same as yours, but if you can get a tester, you can check the equivalents in your car:

Acc+ Fuses (all underhood fuse block F-01)
------------------------------------------
CURRENT FROM IG1 RELAY
F47 15A various control circuits
F48 7.5A Air bag
F49 15A Instrument cluster
F53 15A Engine control system
F54 15A i-ACTIVSENSE

CURRENT FROM ACC RELAY
F18 15A 12V accessory/USB/Wireless power

Which amplifier are you using? Almost all modern amplifiers have speaker level inputs for integration with modern cars, which does two things: allows DC Offset to turn the amp on and off automatically without need for a remote switched power, and two, negate the need to any kind of LOC.

Back