its time to lose some weight

PEANUT BUTTER

I need to gain weight, Im 19, 5'5" and 125 lbs. I got to the gym 3 times a week but I dont eat enough/well.

Good luck man.

How did you lose all that weight?^
Keep it up man. I too am trying to lose weight.

Diet Diet Diet! Eat healthy (i.e. i cut out pretty much ALL SUGAR and ALL FAT from my diet - as well as carbs.)

of course i played basketball 3-4 times per week as well.

Now i work out 6 days a week and do double cardio sessions on at least 3 days a week.

Honestly - eat well, and exercise. If you are fat - the only way to lose the pudge is to eat less and do cardio like your life depends on it.

yup.

my diet really has changed recently.

more fruits.
more protein (fish, eggs, beef)
staying hydrated
actually eating breakfast.

great job on the weightloss.

current weight: 185.5

ive lost probably a good 2 pounds of fat. Its not just water weight either. Its middle of the day, and ive eaten both breakfast and lunch.

PEANUT BUTTER

I need to gain weight, Im 19, 5'5" and 125 lbs. I got to the gym 3 times a week but I dont eat enough/well.

Good luck man.

damn bro your tiny haha, i dont work out but i think i should start i got a good frame for it im 20 6'2 and almost 175, after reading this i think ima start hittin the gym to haha, you all are cuttin weight any ways to gain that s*** with a crazy fast matoblisim? i eat like 9 times a day haha

Last edited:
damn bro your tiny haha, i dont work out but i think i should start i got a good frame for it im 20 6'2 and almost 175, after reading this i think ima start hittin the gym to haha, you all are cuttin weight any ways to gain that s*** with a crazy fast matoblisim? i eat like 9 times a day haha

it's easy. turn 25, sit at a computer for 9-10+ hrs a day, and don't do any exercise... worked like a charm for me, lol.

sub this thread! i'm 5'10'', i was 150 lbs from the day i graduated HS til i turned 25, then everything changed. i just started gaining weight til i plateaued at 180. i'm 30 on sunday and i just decided in the last couple months that i needed to do something. i joined the Y but i only go twice a week. i tried changing my eating habits (i.e. what/when/how i eat - never really overeat), but that is hard. i like the idea of taking the before pic as a motivator, i think i'll do that this weekend... and refocus on eating better.

First, good luck man. It is a tough thing to do - but you just have to get motivated in some way. Like for me it was being dumped by my girlfriend - it worked like a charm.

Take a look at what i was able to accomplish in about 6 months (302 lbs to 230 lbs) I am 6'2 by the way....

Sorry for the nasty pics (they are for motivational purposes)

bryan%20comparison.JPG

good luck!

~bry

seriously dude, that's impressive - 70 lbs in 6 mos. thanks for the motivational pic idea, i read that somewhere once but forgot all about it. i just want to lose 20 lbs, which sounded so daunting to me. but if you did 70+ in 6 mos, that gives me hope!

i actually really like fish. so tuna isnt a problem.

the thing is i prefer my fish raw then cooked lol. so ill see what recipes i can get.

and i figured the muffins wouldnt be the healthiest choice.

im not obese or anything. im about 5'9 but i grew a small gut in the past year, and i dont want it to get out of hand.
thanks for all the advice and encouragement. =)

that's good thinking. i made the mistake of growing a small gut (gained 10 lbs in the first year) and thought, meh, i'm over 25 now, that's just part of life, i'm still thin and 10 lbs isn't a lot. that 10 turned into 30 before i knew it and now it feels like i have so much to lose.

remember muscle weighs more than fat. So if your doing high weight low rep stuff, your not gonna lose any weight. especially if your working out muscles that havent been worked out in awhile.

whats your diet consist of?

Well in the morning I eat oatmeal and a banana.
For lunch I eat tuna.
For dinner I eat some meat and salad.
I drink alot of water/ sugar free tea.
I work out in the morning on the treadmill for about 45mins and then I lift weights and then before I go to bed I work out again.

first if you want to lose weight diet is very important,for gaining as well. Id say it s about 50% diet 50% exercise. You got cut out all processed foods,pasta,rice,tortillas,pretty much almost all of your bread,soda,anything with sugar, high salt. pretty much any thing that tastes good. Eat a lot of protein.lean protein..As much greens as you want pretty much.And not iceberg lettuce but like green leaf and spinach for example. Most vegatables are good for just some not so much like corn,carrots in large quantities. Limit your fruit but its okay to eat a bit. Whole grain oats,bread made from whole ground wheat. kellogs makes a good ceral called all bran which is high in fiber and .low in sugar and carbs. I have some every morning. 1/3 of a cup has 50% of your daily fiber. and try to space out your meals. 6x times a day is cool. I wake and eat right away. Take your vitamins. Drink protein shakes when possible. But just make sure to read the labels. And dont be afraid to drink alot of water ..1 gallon a day take little. And try interval training. Got to get that heart rate up and keep it there. You can work really hard for 30-45 min and get way more than 1 hr.+ of just jogging at the same pace. Not easy but iassure it will work.(fight)

So ive started using this great tool calle fitday.com

basically allows you to add up all the calories and food you eat throughout the day, (theres a giant food bank to choose from, as well as the feature to custom make food) and how many calories you burn just generally for living. Its a great tool, and anyone trying to lose weight should try it.

my average calorie intake is b/w 1600-2300 calories a day, about 1000 calories under what i need to maintain weight. with moderate daily exercise, my plan is to be at 175 by jan 1st. Im just trying to lean out, not bulk up.

www.sparkpeople.com has something similar. You can enter in your weight loss goals, your current weight, etc. and it will tell you what your caloric requirements are. Also offers workout schedules and you can enter the calories used from a whole slew of activities.

I like that it has a built-in meal plan option - gives you a grocery list, enters it into the daily food log section, etc.

www.sparkpeople.com has something similar. You can enter in your weight loss goals, your current weight, etc. and it will tell you what your caloric requirements are. Also offers workout schedules and you can enter the calories used from a whole slew of activities.

I like that it has a built-in meal plan option - gives you a grocery list, enters it into the daily food log section, etc.

fitday does the same thing with the goals and whatnot, but not the meal plan, thats pretty interesting. ill check that out

Back